1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Two new additions on the Web Specials page today

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Plumberdv, May 31, 2012.

1. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Looks like Buck has added a couple to the web specials page, but I have to believe that the price ($40???) for the Walmart Vantage Select is a mistake. You can buy the Vantage Avid (large one) for several $$$ less online right now. You can even get a Force Select for less if you like them better.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    I saw that too, and thought... Huh??? for a 420HC...maybe it is a mistake...
    Maybe someone should ping Joe...

3. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Good idea, I doubt they will sell very well at that price. When they first hit the auction sites I bought my first six of them for $100 delivered. I bought four more later at a higher price but they were still well under $20 each delivered.

4. Badhammer

Badhammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    is the bone handle Gen 5 skinner new? I remember when it was on the web specials last September because I got one and it came sterile with no markings but I thought it sold out. Just checked the site and it caught my eye again first thing. Maybe it's been there all this time and I just didn't notice it. I usually just go to the bottom of the page when looking for new stuff. Pretty sweet knife even wthout markings.

5. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    That Gen 5 was gone and is now back. I didn't see it at first this morning, in fact I didn't see the Bucklites either. I think I caught them in the middle of adding the knives.
    I bought one of the Gen 5's last year and was sorry that I hadn't bought when they sold out or were removed.

6. DeSotoSky

DeSotoSky Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Yes, the Gen-5 was on the web special page previously, I purchased one last September. Interesting that your's came 'sterile", mine came with a "Custom" tang stamp (lasered), I wonder how these are marked now. The model number given on the web page is the same as the one I purchased.

The price is still the same as is was last year also. A bargain at $65.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  7. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Looks like now they are selling off a few Bass Pro exclusives. Gettum' while their hot!

8. tom19176

tom19176

Dec 7, 2005
    Darn you Dave!!!! I just bought 4 110s with the bone handle and NS and two bone skinners with the bone and NS.....lol.....I couldnot resist the deal!!!!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  9. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    I guess I'm a bad influence. :eek: I bought two of the bone Gen-5's yesterday, I already had one from last year but I was sorry before that I hadn't bought more at the time. This morning I bought two of the bone handled 110's and four of the rosewood 110's with the CPM154 blades. At $35 each that's a deal that's hard to pass up. ;)

10. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Looks as if they dropped the price by $2 since yesterday. :grumpy: I don't know if the $4 I overpaid for two of them by buying yesterday is worth calling them about or not. :confused:

11. oregon

oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    California Dave strikes gold!

Thank you kindly for the heads up Plumb. Love those 154cm and the bone Hunters. That Gen 5 Skinner is purdy. Whooppee!

12. gastonian

gastonian Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2012
    Thanks for the info on the 110s. I bought the bone handle and the bp! I think they will make a great start to my 110 collection that currently consists of a standard 110 I bought at Academy and carry in my pocket every day.

13. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    Got a couple of the 110's in 154 to "play" with :)

14. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    I'm glad that they come with the burgandy sheaths and the bone handled ones come with brown. I'm pretty tired of black.

15. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    You're off to a great start. :thumbup: And that may just be what it is, "a start"! ;)

16. 2TONYB

2TONYB

Sep 21, 2005
    Definitely a good deal on the 110s.

17. Badhammer

Badhammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Just ordered the bone 110 and the rosewood CPM154 110. WooHoo!

18. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    I'm even happier now...got so excited I didn't even notice that part :D

19. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2010
    When 110s show up on there my wallet just falls apart.

20. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    I don't keep track, did BPS discontinue the 110 w/coated CPM154 blades? I checked them out and none of the BP models on the specials page are listed anymore. Perhaps that's why Buck's selling them off online.