1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! Two new (Beta) themes if you don't like the default forums layout

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
  2. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I'm seriously digging Flat Awesome right now. I was happy with the original layout, but now that I've used Flat Awesome I think it takes the cake, for at least.

3. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
  4. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I'm liking the Flat Awesome. Join date, post count, time stamp, and post number are all easy to read with just a glance. A little easier on the eyes too than the default.

5. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton

Feb 23, 2017
    The layout doesn't have to perfect as long as it's easier on my eyes. The dark option is much better. :)

6. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I haven't tried tweaking things on my phone yet, but on my work desktop monitor, the flat layout is MUCH easier on the eyes. Spark, thank you for continuing to tweak the site with options for us.

7. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Flat Awesome +
    :)

8. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you so much for the Flat Awesome. The sans-serif font is much easier on my eyes.

9. Dman3d

Dman3d

Jul 9, 2013
    though not using the reds, text get lost for links
    maybe step the values of the bg and post area up slightly and the text down slightly to still have contrast but not enough but not be too bright on the text

10. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    I like the options, but my screen goes from full width like this on "default":
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    to this "FA" screen:
    [​IMG]

If I blow up "FA" to full width it looks like the screen was prescribed by an eye doctor:
    [​IMG]

Any way to use the option screens, but have them sized like the default?

11. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    ^--- Just noticed this too. Looks like the theme is scaled to a fixed width.
    +1 on full screen if possible.

Thanks Spark! :thumbsup:

12. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Full screen enabled on both. Style still responsive to device screen settings.

13. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    I like the Dark version best, EXCEPT the default blue being used by the system is nearly unreadable for me... example in Spark's signature, you have "deal with it, reddit" in blue and it is difficult to read. Ditto on URLs to other web sites listed in posts. I can read it if I highlite it as if copying it as the letters turn white on the blue background, or if it is a link, it turns gray on the charcoal, both of which are easily readable combinations for my eyes. As a curiosity aside, what was reddit bitching about?

Probably different eyes on different people. I saw where someone mentioned that gray in some places was unreadable, but I can read the gray text that Spark is using in his signature (name and owner of bladeforums segment) with no difficulties.

14. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    Thanks Spark!!!

Looks like it defaulted back to the dark blue, and it makes links almost unreadable. Can you take it back the Red/Rust color?

Thanks again Spark!!!!!!!!

15. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    I think I've fixed it now.

16. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    Looks great! Only thing left I see is the links in posts and sigs are not highlighted or highlight when you mouse over them.
    Thanks Spark!!!!!

17. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    In the dark them, links in posts should be a slightly darker color now. Will check sigs when I have a chance.

18. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Looks great, THANKS!

19. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Two things about the Dark Flat Awesome occurring in my sale thread - http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?threads/a-john-doyle-original-his-guardless-hunter.1486217/

1) In the dark mode some text at the bottom of the page is unreadable (I can't even see it). It is some bold black text and some lighter black text which stays black rather than turning white.

Hmm - maybe I selected a "black" out of the text color options rather than the default. I'll check that out then re-report. NOPE that's not the issue.

2) The links in the drop down menu where I make my preference changes go invisible when I select them. I need to remember where it is and click in the dark. o_O

I've decided that the Flat Awesome + will be my default but others using the Dark mode could be missing some info when viewing exchange threads or others.
    Ray

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  20. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Awww, good, back in black.