Important Info! Two new (Beta) themes if you don't like the default forums layout

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 17, 2017.

1. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Yep, working in main posts now, links are darker and easily ID'd now.

Thank you for all the hard work Spark!!!!!!!!!!!

2. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I know there is lots going on for you Sparks and I appreciate your efforts. The new BF is actually improved in excellent ways. Thanks very much.

FYI - This problem (below) I noted yesterday is ongoing.

3. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    You added text formatting. I removed it. At the far right of the text editor box there is a rhombus that looks like an old school eraser. Select your text and remove formatting.

Should be fixed. The people who did this style tied a lot of properties together, where if you change one it effects a ton of different things. Not sure why they made some of the choices they did, but I've had to go throguh quite a few locations to make things readable.

4. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    OK - Thanks. I didn't intend to add text formatting but so I did. Sorry to add more work for you. Thanks for the fix.

Ray

5. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Can't speak on the dark style as white on black is hard for me to read, but the Flat Awesome is great.

6. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    I just noticed this today on the FA Dark. I can't tell what forums have new posts. You can see the bold/not bold on the FA, but not the FA Dark.

Any chance you can highlight the unread forums a bit better Spark?

Thank you Sir!!!!

7. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    When I look at lists of posts that are read / unread within a forum, I can see the bold ones are unread?

8. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    I stared at it for a while then checked a few forums, you're right it's there. I still think it's a bit too subtle a difference from the bold to non-bold with all white text in the FA Dark.
    Its much more easily recognized in FA.