• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two San Mai Hunters

Bailey Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here are two hunters that I recently finished from San Mai. The core steel on both of them is Aldo's 1084. Here is the first one

Again it is 1084 core, with high nickel "sandwich" layers.

The guard is nickel silver with micarta and G10 spacers. The handle is some very nice cocobolo. It is contoured to fit the hand well.

The sheath is hand stitched and hand tooled leather. The knife fits snugly. It is made for right handed belt carry.

Dimensions
Blade - 3 7/8 tip to guard
OAL - 8 3/4

Price - $225 shipped to US. I prefer paypal, but will accept check or money order.

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677-1.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

The next up for offer is a San Mai and Sycamore.

The steel is the same San Mai as mentioned before.

The guard is black linen micarta with a maroon micarta spacer. The handle is stabilized sycamore. It has some really nice pattern, with a tiny bit of spalting in the belly of the handle.

The sheath is 8-9oz hand stitched and hand tooled leather.

Dimensions
Blade - 3 1/2" tip to guard
OAL - 8 1/8

Price - $195

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

Ive been staring at #1 for the past couple of hours and its taking all the willpower I have not to buy it! Very nice Matt!

Last edited:
Ive been staring at #1 for the past couple of hours and its taking all the willpower I have not to buy it! Very nice Matt!

I had the same reaction early this morning at 12:35 a.m., when I first saw them. I've been waiting for Matt to post some smaller blades. It's still pulling at me.

Paul

I had the same reaction early this morning at 12:35 a.m., when I first saw them. I've been waiting for Matt to post some smaller blades. It's still pulling at me.

Paul

I recently purchased a similar knife from Matt. All I can say is I am glad I did, the knife is awesome!!

Thanks for the comments everybody.
Tim, I'm glad that knife is working out for you.

Good work as always, Matthew. I can't understand why these are still here, your prices are ridiculously low for this class of work. I wouldn't be able to compete if I was making similar stuff. Your san mai is great.

Thanks Salem...I can't understand it either. Maybe everyone has spent everything at blade.

Bailey, very nice knife, I'll take the cocobolo one, could not resist it any longer, paypal fine, let me know the address to send payment. Thanks.

Bailey, Got knife #1, with the cocobolo handle yesterday, very nice wood, fit and finish. Can"t wait to have a chance to use it, what were the other two layers of steel other than the 1084 core? Over all very nice package. Also packaged very good for shipping. Thanks, Bill

Back