1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Tyrant Bowie and Fell Beast Prototypes

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Huntsman Knife Co., Sep 12, 2017.

1. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    Hey guys,

Up for grabs today are two prototype blades

Both blades include a black pancake style kydex sheath and priority shipping in the price. As always, the blades are warranties for life.

(1) the Tyrant Bowie Prototype

This is the first prototype of this model. The production run will be much different. It's a seriously massive blade. It's made from 3/16th stock so it's very light and fast in hand. At this thickness it's more of a fighting bowie than a big chopper. The grind is very thin and I would not recommend it for super hard use tasks like batoning large diameter hardwoods.

This one has some cosmetic issues and is being sold at factory second pricing.

• the plunge got eaten by the scotchbrite belt and is uneven.
    • The ricasso has some scratches and uneven finishing.
    • The very top of the grind near the spine is not perfect.

Specs

52100 58 RC edge DHT

13.5 in blade

19.5 overall

3/16 thick

23.35 ounces

Black terotuf scales

Includes black pancake style kydex sheath.

$199 shipped via priority.

(2) Fell Beast Recurve prototype

The goal with this one was to maximize the sweet spot for heavy chopping. It has great balance and handles well.

52100 58rc dht

17.5 in blade

23.5 overall

.110 thick

23.54 ounces

CNC'd black canvas micarta scales

Includes black pancake style kydex sheath

$249 shipped via priority.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Good god.

PM sent.

lieferung likes this.
  3. goose54

goose54

Dec 4, 2011
    I'll take the tyrant bowie for 199. $ It will be a good in between blade from the fell chef, and the fell beast..

4. goose54

goose54

Dec 4, 2011
    Payment sent Thanks Hunter :)

5. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    I hadnt had a chance to post but the tyrant bowie is sold to the poster before you. I'll get your pp payment sent back.

- hunter

6. goose54

goose54

Dec 4, 2011
    Sorry about that, I thought it was who ever posts "I'll take it" Guess I pulled the trigger a little fast. By the way I used the Fell Beast today, and that thing is an actual BEAST.... It will for sure strengthen my wrist.. If you by chance are making another tyrant bowie with terotuf, I'll take it. Just give me a message or email me [email protected] Thanks Don

7. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Sweet princess pattycakes, that bowie!!
    Buyer MUST post a review!!

Gravelface likes this.
  8. Park Swan

Park Swan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2016
    Right on, man!