• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

U.L.U - chopper/camper/mini allrounder aid

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello my dear friends,

Thanks Good God today i was able to finish a project that was lingering in my head for some time - some kind of an ulu blade that would be the closest design i could associate it with. We have such a blade in our kitchen and use it for herbs or other fine chopping tasks but better thinking on it i am sure it would handle many other tasks with great success.

One step further is that it has some customizable features that makes it a very attractive EDC item or gift - the button style 'handle' (on both sides for a better grip) can be simply replaced by unscrewing them and swapping with others that you can purchase from us that will fit perfectly (we have available from mammoth to stabilized wood burls and others). You can also choose other beads and sheath colors and why not different paracord colors; a big boys toy :D

The blade is made using 80crv2 high carbon tool steel and features a razor sharp scandi zero grind that cuts like crazy. one part of the blade is nicely rounded to allow for a comfortable finger rest while the other (that faces users palm) is 'sharpened' straight for any scraping task or firesteel use.

The button handle is made using some very nice vintage micarta and is precision fitted to the blade and other cool materials are available for separate purchase.

It comes with a nice vegetabe tanned thick ox leather sheath that is secured to the blade through the lanyard (the sheath comes in natural color but it can be dyed in brown/black on buyers request). The sheath is secured to the blade through the matching lanyard and bead.

The blade is app 2" wide with app 2.35" height.

The price for the whole kit is 100 usd.

All and only the best, God bless,
Bogdan

2.jpg

Here we go with a short vid ;)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Back