1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

ulize

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by w, Oct 9, 2012.

1. w

w

Jul 30, 2000
    Just placed the order for my new ulize. One of my favorite online knife stores have them in stock. Thought I would share.:)

2. Gadgetman7

Gadgetman7

Sep 30, 2001
    I saw it for sale too. It looks like a nice knife just a little too big for me. Hope you love it though.

3. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    May I ask where (any that are sponsors of BF, and if not could I get a PM?) Thanks!

4. w

w

Jul 30, 2000
    I went back to their website about an hour after I ordered mine and they were out of stock.

5. Finedges

Finedges Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Just in today. In hand it's great. Mine measures in at 4 1/8' long, so if concerened about legalities be aware. Build quality is outstanding, as I've come to expect from Seki Spydies. Blade centering, lockup are perfect, and action during open/closure is as good as it can be on a lockback. Tipup carry is nice, and in pocket it looks like a small knife/tool. I added some comparison shots to a Millie and the knife in my accumulation I immediately compared it to, the Ayoob. The grind and bevel finish is topnotch. The backlock requires a good push and some travel to disengage, which I like. All around I'm very satisfied with my example.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. GCG199

GCG199

Apr 26, 2001
    Great pictures—thank you for posting them!

7. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Looks good, thanks for the pics.

8. philwar

philwar

Mar 27, 2009
    Don't think I've seen this before. I like the looks, the blade resembles a Cold Steel Spartan that's been stretched to a third of its width! :D

9. clearytja

clearytja

Oct 17, 2002
    Great pictures. It does look like a stretched Spartan.... Also a BM 710 on acid!
    TC

10. GSO

GSO

Feb 6, 2010
    I would look upon the Ulize as a more organic version of the Police as much as I would consider the Caly3.5 a more organic version of the Endura. Contours. Contours. I feel Spyderco really understands the merging of form and function.

11. flatface77

flatface77 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2007
    I'm trying to picture a swedge on the blade but my mind won't form the image for some reason.

12. CapitalizedLiving

CapitalizedLiving

Dec 1, 2007
    That's a super crazy looking knife. I'm trying to pick a Spyderco to buy this year and this is a top contender. I'm not sure why - it's very long and I'm not a lockback fan, but it's just too cool to ignore.

13. riot

riot

Sep 13, 2012
    This is the first time I've seen this model! Looks pretty sweet!

14. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Great picture. I don't think the flat down views do it justice.

15. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    This would be a great knife to wave mod.

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Nice but gimme the older police...man.

17. mark greenman

mark greenman Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Great comparison shot with the Ayoob, I will absolutely be picking up one (2) of these.

18. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Finedges,

Very nice shots, thanx much.

Uli did a great job with the design and our Seki maker did likewise.

sal

19. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Why is the Stretch/Native clip with the lanyard hole used on this knife, that seems a little sloppy to me.

20. flatface77

flatface77 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Anyone got a comparison pic with the Police 3? They're going to do battle for my pocket when I get my Ulize in.