umnum test from poland

Hello.

As I see, some explanations are necessary.

I asked our Tester Group what is the status.

The knife is not at CRK now, due to some issues with parcel service and customs - it was sent back to Poland.

The man who is responsible for this issue had some private problems and couldn't inform us punctual.

The knife should be now on the way again.

@Chris Reeve Knives

I don't know who sent You the link and whom You sent mails, but if it was the topic starter, he has nothing to do with Tester Group and, as he stated himself, he doesn't even speak Polish.

So, I suppose, it was not the right addressee.

@nyefmaker

Are You kidding?

Who should want to "ruin the good name" of the CRK?

Are You sure, You reflected enough on Your text before You posted it?

It's only a knife, and CRK it's only a knife manufacturer.

Tester Group has tested some dozens of knives from dozens of manufacturers and the knife discussed here is only a one from dozens.
Not more and not less.

Well, why this way?

Maybe the knife description on the website of Polish CRK-dealer will give You the food for thought. It was a kind of "inspiration" for the test.

http://guns.com.pl/crk_umnumzaan.html

Enjoy.

I hope You can use google translator:

http://translate.google.com/#

Hi bigmark408,

in Europe we have also many old sayings in every particular land and language, and?

There were some questions about current status of this issue, so I informed You yesterday.

Any further discussion will have sense after knife examination at CRK.

Hi bigmark408,

in Europe we have also many old sayings in every particular land and language, and?

There were some questions about current status of this issue, so I informed You yesterday.

Any further discussion will have sense after knife examination at CRK.

Thank you Sir, in behalf all American poets and philosophers and my personal friend Michel de Nostredame for clarification on this , my friend Michel had informed me earlier that we may expect unfortunate delay in the long awaited results. :thumbup: :)

Well, this topic drifts in a way, which is not in pair with CRK spirit...

... and since it's on the way again I'd suggest to respect CRK's attitude and just wait till it's all cleared.

Hi RybaK, In America we have a old saying about excuses :D

You probably wouln't. People post this crap to try and ruin your good name because they are jealous of your continued success and High Standing in the Knife Industry. You will always have a life long fan here. I know if I ever have a problem or issue, you will make it right without question.
Keep up the great work Anne, Your The Best :thumbup::thumbup:

Hello.

As I see, some explanations are necessary.

I asked our Tester Group what is the status.

The knife is not at CRK now, due to some issues with parcel service and customs - it was sent back to Poland.

The man who is responsible for this issue had some private problems and couldn't inform us punctual.

@Chris Reeve Knives

I don't know who sent You the link and whom You sent mails, but if it was the topic starter, he has nothing to do with Tester Group and, as he stated himself, he doesn't even speak Polish.

So, I suppose, it was not the right addressee.

@nyefmaker

Are You kidding?

Who should want to "ruin the good name" of the CRK?

Are You sure, You reflected enough on Your text before You posted it?

It's only a knife, and CRK it's only a knife manufacturer.

Tester Group has tested some dozens of knives from dozens of manufacturers and the knife discussed here is only a one from dozens.
Not more and not less.

Well, why this way?

Maybe the knife description on the website of Polish CRK-dealer will give You the food for thought. It was a kind of "inspiration" for the test.

http://guns.com.pl/crk_umnumzaan.html

Enjoy.

I hope You can use google translator:

http://translate.google.com/#

rybak - Um, I am pretty sure I read what I typed and meant what I typed because......um......I Typed It. TO ME, Any Chris Reeve Knife Is More Than Just A Knife To Me AND Chris Reeve Knives Is More Than Just A Knife Manfacturer !!! Did You read what You Typed ??? Or did I not transalate it right ? What the heck kind of so called "knife" test involves stabbing a Frigidare ??? What a thoughtful and valued test that was......Also in responce to the excuse there was shipping issues. The original post was on 1-1-10, its now 4-12-10 ??? I have heard of snail mail, but jeeze......Heck Colombus sailed across the ocean and found the New World alot faster than that..... I am far from being the only one around here that feels this pasionate about Chris Reeve and His Staff & Chris Reeve Knives; As my friend "bigmark408 said: In America we have a old saying about excuses "

bah- This thread needs to be locked and flushed...It has only turned into a bickering session anyway.

Hi guys,

with best regards and full respect - You waste Your keyboards.

I don't care if some of You believe what I wrote, or not, I don't care about any CRK creeds, I don't care about "funny" comments.

I just informed interested people what the current status of the issue is, because I was convinced, I should do it as the admin of the forum, where the test was released.
If someone believes, he should comment it in any way, please feel free to do it.

I'm very glad PiterM is at one with me regarding further processing.
Just professional as usual.

Hi Rybak,

I'm curious too about the outcome and the check by CR. Thanks for giving a follow up to this thing and taking care of getting the knife to CR.

Even though it takes a little longer, I know you don't 'live' on this forum and are not in the hurry that many here are, awaiting a sort of 'final verdict' on the knife. Nevertheless, it is appreciated that you update us all here, I feel that so far, you have been very neutral in your approach towards this issue and you ought to be complimented about that.

Even though I really like CRK, I have to agree that at the end of the day, it's still a knife, man made. We can agree or disagree on the way the test was performed and it's usefullnes, but the test was done, so everybody, get over it. If the knife wouldn't have failed everybody would now be cheering and saying it should have a rocket motor and be sent into outer space as the pinnacle of mankinds' achievement, to lay contact with advanced civilizations. Now that it has failed (through misuse/abuse or not), this is what we are stuck with. You don't have to send it in, but you're willing to try it and taking care that it's done.

thanks for that.

Even though it is perceived by some as slander or wrecking the name of CR, I feel that it is just one data point (as I clearly stated before) and nothing can be derived from that. Mechanical stuff fails... used correctly or incorrectly. It's not slander, it's just a test with some results, and some people just don't like the results.

I believe in the quality of CR knives, the robustness and in the integrity of the company. My guess, whatever is wrong with the knife, they will fix it for you :thumbup::D

Seriously, IMO this thread and the tests posted have been a joke since day one....I could care less about the results of the abuse ...if or when CRK ever gets the knife, the damage means nothing (again IMO).

I have several zaans and i have a very early one that i have put through all kinds of knife hell and it's still in great shape....I am a man and do my own testing and make my own decisions on what i like and what i don't like.

BTW, IMO...Bladeforums is the best knife forum on the Internet

Seriously, IMO this thread and the tests posted have been a joke since day one....I could care less about the results of the abuse ...if or when CRK ever gets the knife, the damage means nothing (again IMO).

I have several zaans and i have a very early one that i have put through all kinds of knife hell and it's still in great shape....I am a man and do my own testing and make my own decisions on what i like and what i don't like.

BTW, IMO...Bladeforums is the best knife forum on the Internet

if you could care less why are you here letting us all know of your tremendous amount of butthurt over a test someone did?

what these tests mostly reveal is human nature; that people take far too personally what is said about the things they own. if you cant take criticism of the things you own then you own them not for what they really are but for what you yourself have built them up to be in your own mind.

the guy did a test, you could either thank him for spending his own time and effort to get some information which he then shared freely or you can be paranoid and convince yourself he did it to smear CRK.

Some people get upset if anyone says anything about knife companies they like. CRK is still my favorite company BTW.

if you could care less why are you here letting us all know of your tremendous amount of butthurt over a test someone did?

what these tests mostly reveal is human nature; that people take far too personally what is said about the things they own. if you cant take criticism of the things you own then you own them not for what they really are but for what you yourself have built them up to be in your own mind.

the guy did a test, you could either thank him for spending his own time and effort to get some information which he then shared freely or you can be paranoid and convince yourself he did it to smear CRK.

No hurt feelings here...as i said i have many pocket knives and thats all they are...apple cutters !! thats what they are in my mind.

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone tried to recreate this failure via hardcore testing? I'm sure most won't want to put their expensive umnum through such tests, but surely there has to be 'someone'. :)

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone tried to recreate this failure via hardcore testing? I'm sure most won't want to put their expensive umnum through such tests, but surely there has to be 'someone'. :)

I mean this in a friendly way, but I think it is a mistake to confuse the things shown on the webpage and in the related videos with "testing." Lots of other words come to mind, such as "silly," "inappropriate," "dangerous," "irrelevant," "misrepresentative," "misleading," to throw out a few. I'm sure the "tester" had fun, but I'm not sure he is showing us anything that has real world application to owners and users of this knife. I also think it is worth entertaining some skepticism about whether what is "shown" on the website is actually what happened.

I mean this in a friendly way, but I think it is a mistake to confuse the things shown on the webpage and in the related videos with "testing." Lots of other words come to mind, such as "silly," "inappropriate," "dangerous," "irrelevant," "misrepresentative," "misleading," to throw out a few. I'm sure the "tester" had fun, but I'm not sure he is showing us anything that has real world application to owners and users of this knife. I also think it is worth entertaining some skepticism about whether what is "shown" on the website is actually what happened.

Hi JNevell,

OK, I understand You're imputing the tester, he supressed some facts?

Well, it's not nice, but it's Your right, of course.

I personally don't see any reason for such imputing, indeed. I had an occasion to met him personally some years ago, I know him since... 4, 5 years from the forum, and I also know some of his friends in real world.

But, of course, it's only my opinion, who cares...?
ry... who? Who is rybak...?
533.gif
Guys, have anyone a map...? Where is Germany (land of poets and philosophers), where is Poland..?

But, however, I don't understand also, why You - and some of other BF.net users - have objections to his way of testing: I gave You the link to the website of the Polish CRK-dealer.

The knife was described as a "real tactical folder", have You read this description...? I suggested You to use a google translator, if You don't speak Polish - it's quite good translation, You can see the most important things.

Hello? Is anybody there?
I gave You the link - You don't even need to look for it yourself...

There was the information about the strong blade, strong and sharp tip, "assuring excellent penetration" at strike, and so on.

Which testing program would You like to set for a tactical folder? Apple peeling? Sir...?

I know some men - Diabelek, the tester, inclusive - whose first thought, when reading the statement "a real tactical folder", would be: well, it sounds nice, let's check it.

He just did it.

What You can see, are only the results of this "check".

Thank You for Your attention, let's look, what CRK says.
PS. Still meaning it in very friendly way.

Understand.

I think if no one can get this knife back for testing by CRK, and no one can get any facts out of this person, etc., etc. then what's the point. I think it would be much easier if 'someone' could do some real world testing themselves; similar to knifetests. Anyway, it's my 2cents, and I'm sure not everyone will want to subject their umnum to such tests.
A little pointless to keep talking about a video and a person that posted said video if no one can prove him wrong.

Someone out there prove him wrong!!!

Yes - we need to remember - the plural of anecdote is not data. Things do not become true because they are posted, or said, or published, repeatedly. Everything "viral" is not trvth. Or, in simple terms? - "where's the beef?" ;) :)

Understand.

I think if no one can get this knife back for testing by CRK, and no one can get any facts out of this person, etc., etc. then what's the point. I think it would be much easier if 'someone' could do some real world testing themselves; similar to knifetests. Anyway, it's my 2cents, and I'm sure not everyone will want to subject their umnum to such tests.
A little pointless to keep talking about a video and a person that posted said video if no one can prove him wrong.

Someone out there prove him wrong!!!

Back