Umnumzaan pics

You mean this one? ;)

v3KQga7.jpg

Indeeeeeeeeed.

I have on as well but gotta dig up my pics from cloud :(

Norvox,

Would you concider sharing the process of how you created this finish? It's fantastic. I have considered modifying a New Pivot Zaan, and this look has now been added to the possibilities.
Sand paper 2000 and some free time :)

Minty fresh not long after I got it:
BfSZ72Q.jpg

After some EDC and time in my range bag:
i6QFuXg.jpg

After a 320 grit brushed finish:
9LLS9bQ.jpg

LzDoHMV.jpg

The finish above looks great, but too blingy for my liking. The scales are now OD Green Cerakoted. Perfect!

q0x9mf1.jpg

VAY25WP.jpg

Last edited:
Man I just know it would be awesome...but I read where CRK refused to reblast a knife due to a scotchbrite "refinish". I dont want to lose the option to send it in down the road.

r69NBpj.jpg

I have fallen hard for the Umnum, and its only day 1.5!
Found this used on the exchange for a reasonable price and then I noticed it had my 2nd son's bday, so I snatched it up.

I didn't think things got better than the bg-42 regs and a gentleman's mnandi. I thought I had all my bases covered. How naive? I forgot about a base called "play, intimidating, swedge land, grippie, etc"... Remembering a thread from a while ago about 3 knives (grail knife, knife your looking for, and affordable knife) and I remember I posted something about if I could find a good deal on one, I would try an umnum. This thing has all the things I like about the 25 and inkosi wrapped up with cross hatch, quiet ending thump, and did I mention the swedge.

Don't get me wrong, I am not into getting rid of knives so the rest of the collection is all staying put. I just love using them all, and this one certainly has a spot in my rotation.

The best part? I am loving the new thumb pain that comes with buying a different style. Stupid I know. The enjoyable (for me) pain will go away. But for me, it reminds my of my first CRK!

Back