1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Umnumzaan's for sale

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by nick425, Mar 6, 2012.

1. nick425

nick425

Apr 22, 2011
    Has anyone else noticed the copious amount of Zaan's that have popped up for sale on the exchange over the past week or so? Jeez... No love for the Zaan???

2. David_Parker03

David_Parker03

Oct 1, 2006
  3. jackthedog

jackthedog

Dec 21, 2009
    I have too. I was thinking of reupping my Gold Membership to put mine up. Maybe its the weather?

4. dinokay

dinokay Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I've also noticed a lot of catch and releases. I think maybe you're right must be the weather.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  5. four_shore

four_shore

Oct 21, 2010
    i have one up for trade, but that's only because i have multiples ;)

6. AKWILD

AKWILD

Nov 13, 2011
    I have much love for the Zaan. It was my first CR and now that I have had them all I will be going back to her.:)

7. hoodep

hoodep Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Love the Umnumzaan - have several and not planning to sell them anytime soon.

8. Josh K

Josh K

Sep 29, 2008
    I'm trying to buy a few (pre-lock stop addition only) to stock up. The Umnumzaan is my EDC and I love it.

9. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    I've got a few 09 Umnumzaans and I'm keeping them. Infact I have one in my pocket right now. :thumbup:

10. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    never letting go of mine :eek:

11. kawr

kawr

Jun 22, 2010
    I sold my Umnumzaan 3 hours after getting it last night because I just like the Sebenzas better and would rather purchase another one :D.

12. marthinus

marthinus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 10, 2006
    I want an Umnum, but dont have the funds right now. But one can see it comes and goes with most knives, you get a wave of Umnum, the Strider, then Xm-18's, they come and they go.

13. 1SHOT1KILL

1SHOT1KILL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I have also noticed a lot of Sebenzas going up for sale lately...gotta be the weather. I LOVE my CR Knives and would never part with them...took me too damn long to afford them.;)

14. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    It could be the "fiscal year phenomenon", I'm not sure when people outside the UK start and finish but traditionally it's the end of March for the UK.

15. 1SHOT1KILL

1SHOT1KILL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Its June in the states.

16. Reeek

Reeek

Aug 16, 2008
    That's exactly what I did - I recently found a NIB Umnu from an obscure internet dealer that is late 2011, S30V, pre LBS - the best combo IMHO.

17. Bwolcott

Bwolcott

Jul 18, 2011
    I prefer it to the sebenza all though I love the benza as well

18. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    I made the mistake of selling my Tanto Umnumzaan a while back and would love to get another. I recently picked up a high-end titanium frame-lock from another company, but it seems no other companies are making knives that keep me interested for any more than a few days. Once it goes, it's my hope to pick up another Umnumzaan.

19. opgenorf

opgenorf Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Carrying my umnum tanto as i write this. Tanto is the way to go

20. Slider817

Slider817

Mar 26, 2010
    As Always, new knives come out every year. Many more this year, there are only limited funds. Most of us knife junkies need to make some hard choices of which ones to keep, and which ones to sell.

Although, I plan on keeping my Zaan