Uncle Bill Is Gone

My condolences to Yangdu and every one else who loved Uncle Bill.

Good bye Uncle Bill you will be missed.

Chuck

Farewell Uncle. You have left an indelible mark on a great many people in this world and have made us all better for it. I will never forget you.

Dear Yangdu, please accept Kimberly’s and my sympathies. Although Bill is now free of pain and has moved on to a better place we know that it still must be very hard to accept his passing. The thoughts and best wishes of your friends are with you.

Geoffrey

Oh My God!

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but I felt, through this forum, that I knew him. It is a sad day for all. :(

Good bye Uncle. You truely were one of the good ones.

v/r
Mark T.

Farewell Uncle Bill. Though we never met you touched my life in a positive way. Sincere condolences to Yangdu.

Ice

I don't know what to say right now.

This hit me like a freight train. I hadn't been on the forum for a few days, and thought I'd check in this morning.

God bless you Uncle Bill, and bless Yangdu as well.

I guess a part of me expected him to hang on longer, but it's better that he didn't suffer more.

I guess I really just can't believe he's gone. This forum and Uncle Bill have become a part of who I am, and have helped me through some very tough times. He will be missed very deeply in my house.

Goodbye Uncle Bill, you helped so many people in Nepal and probably more around the world through this forum. You were truly one of the good guys.

"great stuff, and thanks"

I can't believe he's gone so soon. I didn't ever meet him, but he emailed me a few times and I always felt like much more than just an internet customer. He meant a lot to me over the past few months and I'm sad for myself that he's gone. I wish I had his faith that he expressed in his emails and I know he wasn't afraid of his passing.

Hopefully, Yangdu knows if she needs anything, she just needs to ask.

I arrange and massage words for a living, and I just don't know what to say here. I never met Bill in person, but he has had a big impact on my life and my view of the world and our place in it.

I don't know if there's a hereafter or not, but I do know that Bill will be here with us at the Cantina for a long time to come. He was one of a kind.

Yangdu, I'm sorry for your grief. Let us know how -- if -- we can help.

I would like to express my sadness at the passing of Uncle Bill.

It's said that when good people leave us, they leave the path to God that much clearer.

Rest in peace.

- Sleiman Azizi -

Never met him in person, but talked on the phone w/him back in the days before the big unwellness...read him here when he could post. I choose to remeember his as the prolific poster he was when he had his strength! He could outpost any of the top 3 posters. Heineken and Camel in hand, he made the Cantina, and HI from nothing. from only a dream.

All:
Take this to heart as proof of what may come from dreams and hard work, and love. I'll drink for me and you, Bill, and a few Camels I'll smoke 4 you, at least until I can quit.

In my system of belief, too much grieving for one who has crossed over is a burden to their spirit, so I will wipe my eyes, pour out a beer for Uncle Bill, and wrap up:

From the Havamal:
Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies
Of one who has done well.

Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But I know one thing that never dies,
The glory of the great dead.

Kind of a heavy way to start the morning ... logging on and having this news greet me.

Of course we all expected, but I really wish it hadn't been this morning. I lost a dear friend at 5am today. Passed out for an hour, pulled myself together and said "Just go to work, just go to work... it'll take your mind off of things."

Funny, I guess, how things work.

Uncle Bill - can we now call you Grandfather? Certainly you have done so much for so many. You lived your life with actions, and they were wonderful actions that will carry on through the ages.

I am sure you are at peace, although most likely terribly worried about Yangdu. Everyone in here is praying for her now, and has been throughout this time.

Yangdu, .... I don't know what to say. I hope you can find peace over the coming days, weeks, and months. And know that you were in a very special relationship with someone quite wonderful. And he was too.

Today is going to be one of those long, numb, surreal kind of days.

Best of luck to everyone.

Peace be with you, Grandfather.

bamboo

Goodbye, Uncle Bill.
Whatever I write here will not be adequate enough to do such a great man justice. God speed, Uncle Bill. We will all do our best to keep the Cantina clean and the bar stocked. We'll do our darnedest to allways offer a friendly open hand to a stranger that staggers in from the cold and buy him a drink. Hopefully, many generations here after will come to enjoy the house that Uncle Bill built. I want to feel sad. I do, but all i feel is a peaceful calm as I know you are released.

Rusty, thank you so much for keeping us posted. You've had to suffer all of Bill's setbacks twice over. First to hear it from Yangdu, then to have to post it up for the rest of us to read. You're a tough bird, friend. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

My thoughts and prayers are with Yangdu. She's been the HI tent post for quite sometime now. Quiet, strong, unwavering, and basically keeping the whole thing from crashing down on our heads. I know she's tough, but she is in pieces right now. When the time is right, Yangdu, please let your nephews and nieces know what they can do to help. we're family here.

Jacob R. Kelley
Evansville, Indiana

I am humbled by all the kind words and am not sure I deserve all of them. I hope this forum rolls on long after I am gone. I tried to make it into a good place, something better and bigger than the norm and I can tell that I have which is most comforting to me. Rusty will find a helper when he gets too old to do the job and if he should go suddenly which would be my wish for him then simply elect a couple of moderators from your ranks. -Uncle Bill

God Bless you Uncle.

Not even sure what to say, but I feel the need to say something. God Bless, Uncle Bill. We'll all miss you.

Take care, Yangdu. This community is here for you.

--Rip

bill.jpg

so long pal....

Back