Uncle Bill Is Gone

Do you have to know someone to understand that they're a really decent soul who'll be missed? I don't think you do.

A good life will reap its reward and we can only tend to those who are left behind.

I received an email this morning from Dan with the sad news. My prayers go out for Uncle Bill and all his family and friends. I truly appreciate all he did for me over these past years.

Ben

tecumseh.gif

Chief Tecumseh
Shawnee

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and
Demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life,
Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and
Its purpose in the service of your people. "

"Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
Even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and
Bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and
For the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing,
For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision."

"When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts
Are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes
They weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again
In a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

Dearest Yangdu,
Geoffrey and I cannot begin to express our deepest sympathies. To our children we shall pass on the message that both of our represent, Uncle Bill shall live on forever in our hearts, and memories. We feel honored to have experienced to pleasure of knowing Uncle Bill even in the smallest of ways. You are in our thoughts and prayers Yangdu, call on them as you need.

To be remembered as you shall be Uncle Bill is what most of us esteem to be thought of in life..........

Kimberly Raiser

A friend has departed. His memory will remain.
My thoughts are with all whose life he touched.

Havent posted in a while, and now I am at a loss for words. This is a terrible loss indeed. My condolences to Uncle Bill's family, and my prayers that Aunt Yangdu and the Kami's can find the strength to carry on.

I feel honored to have known Uncle Bill and have learned a lot from him, and hope I can use this knowledge to help everyone I can and strive to make this world a little better, in order to honor him and make his actions worthwhile.
I will surely miss him.
Yangdu, if there is anything I can do to help, please count on me.

This is a sad day. Smoke is being sent.

I came here only recently, but this was and is my favorite place on the internet. Thank you, Bill for creating this and passing on so many good thoughts. This is truly a sacred place. I'll miss you, although I have never really met you, known you, or talked to you.
I don't know how this is possible. but it still is.

"Being born is the easy part, yes
it is this staying here that is difficult"

-Catherine Hunter

Au revoir. Some day.

Keno

Uncle Bill, was one of the pillars that BFC was built on. You couldn't be a part of this community and not feel his presence. He will be morned and missed. May his loved ones find comfort and may his soul rest in peace.

I hope you have found respite from the pain and suffering you have endured.
I'd like to think you are gone to a better place. We're sure gonna miss your wisdom, wry humor and all around stabilizing influence on our boards.
It was always a pleasure,
Sutcliffe

It realy was a pleasure to meet you even that it was just through this forum and sevral purchases. I know you had been on a good side and you are happier now.

I will miss you.

My prayers and condolences to Yangdu.

cosco

I remember the first time I was able to snag a forum special. It was a BAS. I was stunned beyond words when I got the triangular box a day after I mailed the money, which meant Uncle Bill had sent the khuk out sight unseen to someone he had never dealt with before he had my payment. I instantly understood I was dealing with someone who was a far better man and while the HI khuk quality helped, it was the kind of person UB was that gave me HIKV.

I also remember the words he wrote after I had posted my field test of the BAS. "Good stuff and thanks." - No, Mr. Martino, YOU truly were the good stuff; and thank YOU for being such a beacon.

I am sad at his passing, but happy at the same time because I was blessed for a while to know UB. His memory cannot do anything but stick with me.

Cecil Burch

I offer my condolences for the family.
Even though I am fairly new to this forum, it is obvious how much he affected people with his honesty and kindness. I am sorry to have missed the chance at conversing with him.

Uncle Bill got me into a little hot water briefly when I bought my first Khuk - an 18" AK. I wasn't home when "they" arrived, and the resultant phone conversation was as follows:

"I thought you ordered only one of those things."
"All I ordered was one."
Well, you just got two of them."
"Say what?"
"There are two long boxes here from Himalayan Imports."
"Well, they must have sent the khukuri in one and the scabbard in the other."
"I'll open them and see. Nope, there are two of them here."

When I got home I checked them both out and one definately matched the picture of the one I ordered. The other was also by Kumar but was a bit different. So, I emailed Uncle Bill and he explained that his Nepali shipping staff "always screwed things up" and I could just send the other one back.

That always impressed me about Uncle Bill and his Nepali shipping staff. Can't remember if you mailed cliff355 his khuk? Well, send out another one just to make sure. Who else has ever operated like that?

Uncle Bill, you will be missed but never forgotten.
Yangdu, my sincere condolences
Thank you Rusty for keeping us informed.
This is a very sad day. :(

Back