Unofficial Sebenza FAQ (Long)

That's Great !!!

As a new Sebenzist (just received my small, classic, today), I can say there's nothing nicer than find someone with iniciatives like yours !!!

Thanks so much ;)

Andre Tiba - Brazil

THANKS for all the valuable information!! As a new "Sebenza-phile" I've recently bought a Lg. Standard Webbed version with S30V blade and my latest addition ought to be here in a couple days. It is a Lg. Standard Unique Graphic version with a Stainless Basketweave patter Damascus blade. I can't wait till it arrives!!

I don't find much info on these Stainless Damascus blades.

Will I have to use the anti-corrosion grease (RIG) on this Damascus blade too, like the more standard carbon based blades ???

Are these blades any harder/softer (Rockwell scale) than the "standard" Damascus or S30V blade ???

Thanks in advance for the info. You guys are awesome for information!!

What about heat treating or color anodizing the lock face to increase wear?. Some think this increases wear resistance where the lock meets the blade by having a three or more light layer level of near ceramic hardness oxidation on the face of the lock. I can't tell that the Sebenzas are heat treated or anodized but it may be that they are. Can you speak on this any Chris? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one knife maker to another Chris.

STR

The end of the lock bar is hardened using some sort of heat treating (Is that the correct term?) to slow wear. There may be some threads about this, I'm not sure, but I know it has been mentioned in the past.

All,

Given that this thread has been deemed a key reference on CRK products, it has been made a sticky and is normally locked. If you would like to add reference material to it, simply PM me and I’ll temporarily unlock it for that purpose. If you have general questions/comments regarding this sticky’s content, please start a general thread on the subject.

Best regards,

Dave

Back