1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Boru13, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
    The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
    1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
      • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
      • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
      • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
      • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.

2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    This is great! Can we get it posted as a banner announcement on the exchange so nobody misses the change?

~Chip

3. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Think this was overdo and is plain common sense ... glad to see it in writing now though. :thumbsup:

4. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    This great news! Thank you spark and mods!

Not trying to be an ass. Serious question. What about international shipping? For a seller in the USA it will be hard to list a total shipped price if you offer to ship internationally as it will cost more than in country. Just trying to gauge future problems.

Could sellers simply say something like "international buyers considered. Contact me for more information and actual shipping cost"

Are PayPal fees different when selling internationally?

5. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    I intend to create a sticky in each of the for sale forums in the Exchange.

6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    No more NET to me! Woo hoo! No more doing math on my part!

7. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    As far as I'm concerned, that's something the seller needs to figure out... to much is getting dumped in the buyers lap anymore.

I don't have a problem with that as long as it's international buyers.

I've never shipped international so I can't answer that.

8. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Got it and agreed.

9. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Excellent news rules, and very fair for everyone. Sellers will no longer be able to manipulate with various smoke and mirror tactics.

tajidragon, B.Mauser, Quiet and 9 others like this.
  10. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I like this move as it serves to standardize the exchange.

Does this mean if a buyer pays the listed price with g&s that the mods will support them if the seller tries to reneg?

This has actually happened to me.

11. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    Thank you !

Mike Pierson likes this.
  12. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Awesome, love it!

13. Kllrbee

Kllrbee Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Good deal. More straightforward.
    Thanks!

14. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Yup - this is all for the better :thumbsup: Thanks!

Ray

15. Heirphoto

Heirphoto

Jun 13, 2007
    Yes, fees are based on buyers registered location with Paypal even with a USA shipping address in my experience. I do this a lot with my business and pay higher fees even when buyer is using a USA based forwarding service. Goes by his home country

16. Zabohl

Zabohl

Jun 18, 2018
    Great Work, all positive changes! Things should be simple and straightforward.

17. SilentArrow

SilentArrow Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Had a clown do this to me last year, had to wait over a week to get my money back from PayPal. Everyone took his side tho.

18. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Good deal. Thanks!

19. dyavorsky

dyavorsky Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Do these rules *require* sellers to sell with insurance?

I'm just thinking that a PP F&F transaction with no insurance that might have run the buyer $100 (albeit at some risk) will now be $100 + fees + insurance to the buyer, which is probably around $108. What if the buyer would rather pay the $100 and incur the risk?

Or perhaps this is the point - is the exchange is saying "we're not letting you take that risk anymore" ?

20. batonbuck

batonbuck Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Way better plan. Cuts through need to massage asking unneeded quest. Seller just has to have made up their mind and transactions are more transparent for all.

B Griffin likes this.