1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Boru13, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    I would say so, prior to my original account being merged I had a feedback score of 110+, I wouldn't sell let alone mail a package without Signature Required being agreed upon.

2. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
  3. sgt244

sgt244 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Oh boy!
    Prepare for prices to jump a bit!

Though I think this move is better overall, the posts will be way cleaner now!

dyavorsky likes this.
  4. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Can I get a AMEN?!

19-3ben and rje58 like this.
  5. Leebotheblue

Leebotheblue Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2007

All fair and clear rules.

Seller's who don't take responsibility for delivering the item don't understand the basics of the exchange. I sell an item. You give me money and/or goods in exchange for my item including shipping cost. I'm responsible for providing you the item, or in this case shipping the item. If they don't get the item, the exchange isn't complete. I still owe them the item. I wouldn't buy from someone who didn't promise to deliver what I paid for.

Protection for the seller is easy, signature confirmation and insurance.

6. STP69

STP69

Sep 11, 2017
    i Have to give it to u guys the mods u all do a good job keeping this board safe for everyone u will always have ur 1% but the other 99% per my dealings I have to say there is integrity here

Tazz-ab likes this.
  7. JoKr

JoKr

Mar 20, 2017
    great news!
    that shows me that the BF is a great forum!

Tazz-ab likes this.
  8. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    I don't think prices will jump, it just means that prices will be more up front instead of hiding behind the "net to me", 3.5% PayPal fees that I'm responsible for but I want you to pay, if you want insurance that protects me you will need to pay that as well... or we can skip all this crap and just send it to me "friends & family :rolleyes:

9. attila.

attila. Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Thank you for this new policy!

10. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    I always include a total price
    because it's easier all around.

Chariotz4, SharpTac, Ryker and 2 others like this.
  11. BenchMEDAL

BenchMEDAL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Yes.

PayPal charges 4.4% + $0.30 when a Buyer is located outside the USA.

PayPal will still charge that same fee even if an International Buyer asks to have the item shipped to an address inside the USA.

Heirphoto likes this.
  12. BenchMEDAL

BenchMEDAL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I’ve stated “Signature Delivery Required” in the listing.

Nowadays, with thieves stealing packages off of doorsteps & mailboxes, I just factor in the $2.55 USPS Signature Delivery fees into the “TYD” price. This way, no one could ever say that they did not receive the package. Gives me peace of mind.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    tyyreaun, Heirphoto, OLd_gUY and 2 others like this.
  13. indawire

indawire Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Thanks Mods. That net biz was just bogus and who in their right mind send F&F to someone you don’t know?

Edgeoflife and Methuselah like this.
  14. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    I appreciate the words but I'm just the messenger, @Spark made this happen :)

19-3ben, hamsco, hexenjager and 10 others like this.
  15. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Excellent decision on the part of Bladeforums. The "net to me" "add x%" was ridiculous.

rje58, r redden, Tazz-ab and 4 others like this.
  16. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Huge applause. I have no vested interest as am outside the US, but you dealt with this scorchingly hot potato admirably. :)

To me it is a moral issue, partly, and I cannot praise you enough for this. Good stuff, Spark and the Moderators.

17. Tacticaltater

Tacticaltater Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2014
    thanks you

Methuselah likes this.
  18. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I’ll speak after a few. I think you should also include that USPS 3 day priority shipping is also included in sale price too! Isn’t that always ASSumed anyways ??
    Signature and insurance ? F! iT!
    I think The seller and buyer can figure that out. If you’re that stupid you don’t understand what you’re buying you shouldn’t own knives !!:) This is how big Gubment screws it all up. Thanks.

19. killerloop

killerloop Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Finally! A big step forward by BF. Wonderful ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

r redden and Tazz-ab like this.
  20. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Getting the item purchased to the buyer is the seller's responsibility. Of course, the PO (or whatever courier) can screw up. But since only the person sending the package can claim insurance, it's the seller who get reimbursed for the lost item. Seller should refund the buyer, then claim and (hopefully) collect from the insurer. That's why insurance protects the seller, not the buyer.

Pilsner, OilMan, Hard Knocks and 6 others like this.