Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Boru13, Feb 28, 2019.

1. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I agree. This is, first and foremost, a knife forum and the exchange is just a side benefit of getting a bunch of knife and gear knuts together in one place. If you want a highly regulated marketplace, stick with the bay.

I prefer minimal interference from the mods, even if that means I have my time wasted occasionally. I too always take backup offers unless I know the person well.

WValtakis, craytab and 91bravo like this.
  2. TommyBBQ

TommyBBQ Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I read all rules and will gladly follow all rules.
    Thank you Blade Forums!
    Tommy B.

3. rodeho

rodeho

Feb 13, 2020
    I looked on the site and noticed there was a forum titled "Wanted To Buy" but I did not see any threads in there. I just want to know how to post a WTB thread. Thanks in advance.

4. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    As a registered (but not paid) member, you will only be able to see the WTB thread that you create.

benchwarmer380 and rodeho like this.
  5. rodeho

rodeho

Feb 13, 2020
    And no one else will? Or just the paid members will see it? Thanks for the response!

6. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Basic Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Welcome

Everyone with a membership that is allowed to sell will be able to see them. For example if you had a gold membership you could see all the want to buy ads. At your current membership you will only be able to see the ads you post.

benchwarmer380 and rodeho like this.
  7. rodeho

rodeho

Feb 13, 2020
    Thank you!

8. TommyBBQ

Mar 13, 2013
    I wasn't aware my membership ran out. Aren't I suppose to get an email letting me know of my membership was about to run out? PLMK where to go to pay for a membership.
    Thank you!

9. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Theoretically, yes. But things happen. Have you changed your email or use a different one? Maybe it went to spam?

Here's the link to get your membership!
    https://bladeforums.com/pember/membership-new

10. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Mine expired in late Nov, and exactly a week before I got an email

11. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Sometimes the spam filters eat it.
    At the top of each page is a link labelled "paid subscriptions".

12. TommyBBQ

Mar 13, 2013
    Yes I figured it out, thank you. Can you tell me why my avatar isn't showing I'm a gold member while other members show it on their avatar?
    Thanks!

13. SC Bushcraft Backwoods

SC Bushcraft Backwoods Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Jan 12, 2020
    So I have a question about selling?! There is a bunch of rules(I completely understand why too) and I want to make sure I'm a good boy. What is the time frame before withdrawing a knife. I saw 14 days before reposting or editing, but does that mean waiting 14 days before withdrawing as well?! Just curious....the more I look at it the More I regret posting it hahahahahahaha
    I just want to do things correctly

14. rycen

Aug 22, 2002
    You can withdraw or edit whenever you want but you can’t re-post it until 14 days pass.

15. SC Bushcraft Backwoods

SC Bushcraft Backwoods Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Ah ok, thank you very much! Like I said, I want to be a good boy and continue to enjoy BF so I'll ask to be sure so I'm not in the wrong! Thank you again!

16. rycen

Aug 22, 2002
    No problem. Any other questions just ask.

17. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Spam reported

18. Hijo de Luna

Hijo de Luna Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    as someone currently studying the law of contracts and a budding amateur cutlery enthusiast not yet a year old, I deeply appreciate the BF exchange and take great interest in your policies...

best of both worlds - absolute fun - implementing some of the hifalutin legal theories and centuries old common law I'm learning AND scratching that blade itch :)

total geek out :cool: