Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you like them ridge graps? I’m going with an AT for my next set. Nice rig!
Love em, real quiet for what they are. These are 295/70/18. I'm gonna do a lift soon so I can put on 35s without a bmc.

And thanks, yours too!

FYI ~ CURRENTLY

USPS Flat Rate boxes and envelopes

Both versions of Priority Mail offer the following great features:
  • Two to three-day delivery
  • Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands at domestic prices
  • Free Package Pickup service (USPS saves you a trip to the post office by collecting your package(s) straight from your home or your office)
  • Includes USPS Tracking® when you ship online and at retail
  • Packages insured for up to $50 (more insurance is available for a fee)
  • No surcharges for fuel or residential, rural, and Saturday delivery
I can't argue with that! Again this was at least a decade ago, maybe more...?
I still feel like at the time, and I MAY be misremebering exactly how I shipped, that to get a 3 day priority small box either wasn't guaranteed delivery in 3 days, or cost more yo get in there in a timely fashion, and I may have paid extra for expedited shipping of some sort, in my effort to be a 'good seller'.
I do know that only a few years ago, I shipped a few things cross-country to a friend half-way between San Fran and the Oregon border which NEVER got there by the promised delivery date due to there only being a local post office and people only had P.O. boxes, stuffy was only flown so far before getting on a truck, and according to the tracking #'s, would often stop in small towns overnight, aIong the way.
I sent some copies of documents there 'overnight' once, via USPS which never arrived at all. I re-sent more copies overnight, which took 3 days to arrive at the post office there. I got back my $19.99 shipping due to the loss, & again for the delay. Fortunately the papers were copies!
I have to think that there are plenty of similar Postal outposts in Alaska. Again, I was doing my best to get the knife there asap without paying for overnight to a customer who didn't disclose being in Alaska, until I got the address with the PayPal payment. Dude still complained it took more than 3 days. My fault? I know I paid more than regular price in an attempt to get a 3-4 day guarantee.

I don't doubt that lots has changed since my experience, and I'll reconsider my thoughts on the matter in the future. But if you do live somewhere WAY out in BFE, please don't harass the seller immediately if you don't get your shipment in 3 days, or *by the date promised by the shipping service*, give it a chance, otherwise sellers may not want to ship to your area again.
Just $0.02 more ;)
& these days I wouldn't buy or sell anything not fully insured.
Tho getting a refund is a PITA process or the SELLER, based on my one experience with an insured, but lost, package. Like pulling teeth from an agitated wild boar!
The lost overnight papers I sent? I was told all overnight deliveries went in a bin together, and if one item went missing the whole bin must have been lost.
USPS is far from perfect.

Thanks for posting the current info RayseM👍

The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTALselling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.

Didn't know this... I could have sworn I did this before but no issues I understand I will not do it again but can you tell me please how can I email these people or whatever you do when you're doing some negotiating or when you want to do some negotiating when I'm just a basic

Didn't know this... I could have sworn I did this before but no issues I understand I will not do it again but can you tell me please how can I email these people or whatever you do when you're doing some negotiating or when you want to do some negotiating when I'm just a basic

Your post in thread Benchmade Pardue 3000S Black/Satin was moved to another thread. Reason: Fouling up a sales thread with lowball offers can get you a warning.

This is what I wanted to send LOL sorry

I have two questions to the Mods, since I could not find the answers by searching.
1. How do I withdraw an item that has not been sold for over 2 weeks?
2. How do I relist an item for sale? If it is possible, will it come back with the whole history on the old date or a new date? Or should I start a new thread?
Thank you.

You can just lock your thread and edit it out. As far as relisting copy your other post and paste that into a new thread.

You can just lock your thread and edit it out. As far as relisting copy your other post and paste that into a new thread.
Thanks a lot! It might be useful to include this info to the rules.
Best,
Alex

The only thing I'd add to this is if there are attached images, they won't show in the copy/pasted thread - they'd have to be reattached. (BBC code from a hosting site won't have that issue)

The only thing I'd add to this is if there are attached images, they won't show in the copy/pasted thread - they'd have to be reattached. (BBC code from a hosting site won't have that issue)
Thought so too, thanks!
Alex

Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTALselling price.
  • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
  • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
Meanwhile, 90% of the sale threads list "PayPal F&F" prices. Was this a rule or a guideline?

Meanwhile, 90% of the sale threads list "PayPal F&F" prices. Was this a rule or a guideline?
In my time here, there has never been a rule against sellers requesting (insisting on) F&F here; though there has always been this:
Warning: You as a buyer are responsible for using Paypal as it was intended, according to their Terms of Service. Using the "Gift" option revokes any buyer protection you may have if something goes wrong and makes it easier to get scammed. Be smart and protect yourself, if you use gift and get scammed don't come crying to us about it as you've already been advised
There is now also a statement that F&F is strongly discouraged. Since the tax change, the number of people insisting on F&F has grown...and the practice is fed by the willingness of the consumer. If people would just STOP agreeing to pay via F&F, then sellers would get the message. I stopped using PayPal for domestic purchases a while ago (kept it for occasional international transactions); but more recently I closed my account. If a seller isn't willing to take a money order, I don't need their item.

Last edited:
hhmoore hhmoore post answered your question.
If people would just STOP agreeing to pay via F&F, then sellers would get the message.
This right here… I’m amazed at the amount of members willing to send funds F&F to members with little to no feedback and or post history.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

hhmoore hhmoore post answered your question.

This right here… I’m amazed at the amount of members willing to send funds F&F to members with little to no feedback and or post history.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

I agree with you 100%! Until recently, I 100% insisted on G&S - whether buying or selling. However, the new laws regarding issuance of 1099s for cumulative annual amounts over $600, and the resulting classification as a business of hobbyists -- OR -- the massive amount of time, energy and potentially, money (if your accountant is handling this for you) required to AVOID being taxed on sales where no profit is made --AND-- go thru the hoops to ensure that you are NOT classified as a business.... WOW!

I think for many people, they'd take a chance of being screwed out of a coupla hundred (or less) for a knife, instead of getting the SURE THING 'financial and legal equivalent' of brutal assault by the government --OR-- spending the massive amount of time, energy and potentially, money (if your accountant is handling this for you) required to AVOID it.

Last edited:
Can I get some clarity... If I have this right I can relist an item after 2 weeks but there isn't a way to "bump" the thread to the top of the forum?

Can I get some clarity... If I have this right I can relist an item after 2 weeks but there isn't a way to "bump" the thread to the top of the forum?

You can start a new thread listing the item. That will be at the top of the page (temporarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back