• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

UPS "hold for future delivery date"?

shootist16

knife law moderator
My XBox 360 died (again). Microsoft emailed me a prepaid label and I shipped it to the repair center. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but when I check the tracking number it says "THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED". I know what that means, but why would they do that?

It sounds like somebody got something screwed up,if your the receiver and didn't request that they deliver it on a specific date,I'd be on the phone to them ASAP.I'm abut fed up with their crap,don't even bother with their insurance unless you have something worked out with the shipper ahead of time.I had a package delivered a couple weeks ago that the item was broken,I thought no problem,it's UPS,it's insured,I filed a claim,they said we'll pay it,the catch is,they pay it to the shipper not the person filing the claim with the broken pieces,now I've got to try and get my money from some smoe a 1000 mi away.

Its not being delivered to me, its being delivered to Microsoft to be "repaired". I can't figure why Microsoft would not accept delivery. They are the one that sent the label to me, so they should be expecting it. I just hope this doesn't screw things up or unnecessarily delay the return of my item.

Maybe their person who deals with such only works specific days, or is on vacation?
all da best,
rats...

Maybe it's lost and someone is just buying some time to find it...................

Call Microsoft ASAP

Back