Used and (semi) abused pic thread

(Please delete if this has been done before)
I love well used/abused knives, especially coated blades with caracter marks; let's see them!
7Z95jo2.jpg
HjzHCel.jpg

That is beauty right there! I find the more wear I put on a knife the more I value it.

OP, You're in luck, this has never been done before! ;)

Especially the guy in the middle.

1iTTAdl.jpg

XKNKTLS.jpg

I too like when the dlc coating starts to wear and show the grind lines.

...if that's an Emerson, that coating ain't DLC. If it was, you'd have to beat it like a rented mule to see any wear. It's Black T (look up Walter Birdsong).

I like when the grind lines start to show too. It's one big reason I like coated blades.

image.jpg

image.jpG

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lawnmower applied patina:

EUFGwJh.jpg

ZoOvTY7.jpg

I built the guy a new sheath and there was a little deflection in the edge of the blade I was able to fix. BTW who says AEB-L at 62RC isn't tough?

Need more coffee. These pics were right next to lawnmower patina above on imgur and I didn't notice them.

So ya loose your knife. Ya loose your knife in the exit alley from a cattle squeeze. Ya loose your knife in this exit alley and its buried for about 6 months in about 6 inches of manure. Ya run hundreds of full grown cows over the top of it while buried. Then you find your knife:

N8EGlUd.jpg

1HDbdyE.jpg

Knocked the handles off, cleaned up the blade, re etched it, and re handled it.

YFsDflU.jpg

Last edited:
My father gave me this small slip-joint already used in the mid 70's.
I was like 5-6 years old, it's one of the rare I didn't, use and loose, from that era.

oldfolder.jpg

I love how you incorporated a bottle opener into the blade;)

I need to snap a pic of my modified Gerber Strongarm. My wife got me one for Christmas a couple years ago. Unfortunately it has the combo edge. I'm not against combo edges but they aren't my favorite.
Once I buggered up the combo edge enough, I just took it to the grinder and cut in a chisel Tracker-like area for abusive cutting.
Works well enough for a beater.

Back