• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

User Hoback Kwaiback MK4 SOLD and Spyderco PPT (SOLD)

1. Hoback Kwaiback MK4:
Bought used 2/2017 through a private sale. Did not receive box or papers. I've reprofiled the blade using a Spyderco Sharpmaker to 30 degrees inclusive with a 40 degree microbevel along the main edge and 40 degrees inclusive with no microbevel for the tanto point, so along the main bevel it cuts surprisingly well. Not quite polished but will shave arm hair. The lock has no play, but due to a crack in the carbon fiber and the polished lockface with very little angle to it the lockbar can be pushed over easily from where it naturally engages. The cracked CF only causes this slight issue and I have used the knife regularly and even done some wood carving since with no issues. However, since this is present and Hoback charges $100 for a new CF scale on his website I have lowered the price accordingly. before the fracture in the CF the lock could not be pushed over as easily. Besides a light scratch or two the knife is otherwise in good condition with a centered blade and flawless action. I have the detent tuned to medium-high strength, but this is adjustable due to the HRD (which is designed for a hex wrench but fits a T6 torx perfectly; the pivot and body hex screws also fit a T10).
SOLD for $220

YapbxUi.jpg

TLkSgGF.jpg

oA3PXrz.jpg

QgDZdEJ.jpg

An7bxg3.jpg

2. Spyderco PPT Black TiNi:
Bought slightly used 5/2016 through sale on bladeforums. Haven't used it very hard beyond just EDC-ing it, and the blade has been sharpened by me to 40 degrees inclusive on a Spyderco system. The two reasons it's a bit beat up is (1) it's fit together really tightly so I put the marks between the stop pin and back spacer wedging the handles apart during disassembly with some pliers. It comes apart a bit easier now. (2) I forgot to take it out of my pocket one day and put the knife through the wash cycle, which is the reason for the white marks along the spine and butt of it on the G10. The marks are just white paint from the washer, and I took it apart to clean it right away but it still developed some spots on the liners and backspacer. Not sure if the marks in the grind lines of the blade are corrosion or just grime I can't get out. centering is perfect and lockup is solid with just a hint of up and down play.
SOLD for $100

dRZIbnZ.jpg

8d8VVE5.jpg

keNWPf9.jpg

q7RBMun.jpg

ZgsCKkK.jpg

uQ666PS.jpg

Paypal only, not considering trades at the moment. I'll cover shipping USPS priority in the U.S.

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance but did someone polish the lock face or did it come from factory like that?

Sorry for my ignorance but did someone polish the lock face or did it come from factory like that?
That's just how it comes. Lockface is stonewashed like the rest of the blade and the steel insert contacts a very small area near the bottom, so it's just self-polishing from use.

Back