USMC knife has arrived

earlyer this year I had ordered a knife for my friend who joined the USMC as a boot Graduation gift

here are the specs
14ss st/nst
#1 ns Dbl hilt
green single finger Micarta grip
name etching

here it is:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

well how did I do? I think he will like it. and as of Monday the knife will be back off to Florida for a sheath

Attachments

• DSC01512.jpg
    DSC01512.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 746
  • DSC01513.jpg
    DSC01513.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC01514.jpg
    DSC01514.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC01515.jpg
    DSC01515.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 538
Jax, ya did great! In all my years of RMK collecting, and 50+ Model #14's owned, I've only seen a few similarly configured, and even then the handle may've been black - so yeah, ya did good, the young Marine should be quite happy, and you've shown us RMK collectors a way of paying it forward if we haven't already...nicely done :thumbup:

Wow, if he doesn't like it I'll change my name and go back to Parris Island for it!
Bill
USMC
1980-1984

Thanks for the kind words I made an attempt at making a usefull knife For heavy duty military work. I am also going to have a wood box made for it.

After spending yesterday celebrating Christmas a little too much with friends, I woke up to see this posted here. What a treat. ST/NST knives are always special - there just aren't that many of them out there. I'd say you did very well indeed.

IMO, there is nothing like giving a knife to someone as a gift. Having it personalized makes it all the better and the fact it is a RMK says a lot about the feeling you have for this young boot. I am sure he will appreciate it as he should and having his name attached to it, is just extra special. Good job.

It is a beautiful knife for sure, I have appreciated the ST/NST after i found out about that option.

Just paranoid me, the name is a bit much for the days of social networking and World Wide Wireless Internet service. It would not be in my comfort zone to field that knife with my full name on it like that. There are a couple of watches out there in the world with my last name and social security number engraved on the back. which doesn't seem like such a great idea now that they are lost, and SSN's are so useful and fully legal to use.

we have been friends for a long time I am hoping he will like his surprise but I am questioning how he will be able to store it on base.. it seems the military has a rule about carrying a fixed blade knife on base and a limit on blade size for folders... I have heard someplace the knife will have to stay in the armory?? and if that is so I am almost sure it will "get lost" and I would hate $650 dollars to get lost...

we have been friends for a long time I am hoping he will like his surprise...

I am certain he SHOULD love it. It's a damn fine knife, and a gesture the likes of which maybe not enough people get to enjoy.

it seems the military has a rule about carrying a fixed blade knife on base and a limit on blade size for folders... I have heard someplace the knife will have to stay in the armory?? and if that is so I am almost sure it will "get lost" and I would hate $650 dollars to get lost...

That's my understanding also. Hopefully having his name on it will keep it from getting "lost" (or at least make it a little easier to find if that does happen).

Custom sheath by Sullivans arrived today... Its one SWEET sheath I will post photos when I can. Just think ...waxed c with old style stone pocket and 5 rivets. And no leg tie down.

PHOTOS are here!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Drool ON.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 351
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Now if you really want to make it the coolest knife over there, you could have it bead-blasted and Parkerized.

standard.jpg

OK, sorry I brought it up. But that's what's trendy in the sandbox right now.

Now if you really want to make it the coolest knife over there, you could have it bead-blasted and Parkerized.

standard.jpg

OK, sorry I brought it up. But that's what's trendy in the sandbox right now.

Is it parkarized, or parkarized and painted flat black? Thats one hell of a reaction there.

Oh yeah. In fact, I'm seriously thinking about picking up a generic 14 just to get it done myself.

no you don't I am sure the purest Randall collector will cringe at the sight of a bead blasted blackened knife but this is a military knife for field use not a dust collector.

Hmmm, I like the look of the Parkerized knife! Nice new sheath too...ya done good! :thumbup:

Back