• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

USPS package pickup and public mailbox locked

Only been to the cape 1–2x. You sound a wee bit homesick?:)

:thumbsup: On the hockey. Not for me: no broken fingers, missing teeth or rearranged facial parts allowed. LOL

I used to perform for the students in the Dorchester schools —about all I know of Dorchester—otherwise stick around Hyde Park, esp now!
Lol! I have a fake in my gums right now, right in the front lol! And just a few concussions, it's all good, baby! I am homesick lol! It's so different here in central Florida.. but I'm not going nowhere... No give. Be safe out there my friend. I actually talked to my neurologist from brighams yesterday.. yes I have seizures lol! Could be hockey or Muay Thai.. they're not sure.. they can just see damage.. anywho.. he said it's pretty heavy up there and there is now down swing what so ever.. cases adding up faster every day. Be safe, annr

Well, hate to admit I know B&W neurology, too. What are the odds?

That report you received sounds accurate, sadly. (The reason I didn’t want to go to the post office.) there seemed to be a lot more people out than I expected…dunkin was jammed.

Well, hate to admit I know B&W neurology, too. What are the odds?

That report you received sounds accurate, sadly. (The reason I didn’t want to go to the post office.) there seemed to be a lot more people out than I expected…dunkin was jammed.
Mission Hill, baby! Dr fantaneau is my dude lol! Wtf lol! Dunkins is going to be the cause of it becoming magnanamous and matching the Spanish influenza. Well, the jack ass bostonians actually, but.... Lol! Atleast you got some sense, annr

Mission Hill, baby! Dr fantaneau is my dude lol! Wtf lol! Dunkins is going to be the cause of it becoming magnanamous and matching the Spanish influenza. Well, the jack ass bostonians actually, but.... Lol! Atleast you got some sense, annr
I think you nailed it on the Bostonians. When I moved here—to the land of phds and mds and higher education—I was surprised by the appalling lack of what I considered common sense.

I would ask: why do you you do it like that? And they would say: that’s the way we have always done it! LOL This stuff is no joke and staying home is the least risky activity—not worth a mc dunkin burger or whatever they sell.

In answer to part of your query: I ship ALL the time via USPS. I cannot leave the items in the mailbox because they are both too big and too valuable. (Knife boxes).

1. I leave the red flag up on the box. It has one.
2. I leave a LARGE cardboard note in the mailbox: "Postman: Pickup packages for delivery at the HOUSE. Thank you. Jim"

We have a consistent postman, yet he gets once a week replacements on a day off. They also come.

I wish you better service.

In answer to part of your query: I ship ALL the time via USPS. I cannot leave the items in the mailbox because they are both too big and too valuable. (Knife boxes).

1. I leave the red flag up on the box. It has one.
2. I leave a LARGE cardboard note in the mailbox: "Postman: Pickup packages for delivery at the HOUSE. Thank you. Jim"

We have a consistent postman, yet he gets once a week replacements on a day off. They also come.

I wish you better service.
Thanks! This carrier is an odd stick, and I think he’s the weak link.

He’s declined to pick up outgoing mail a couple days in a row—including my priority envelope—and he leaves the new mail on top of the outgoing, so I don’t hold much hope.

I tried to speak to him politely and respectfully in the past, and he behaved like a jerk…though he did take outgoing mail…now I know I have to drop it off myself or escalate up the chain of command.

Update: family member tried to mail a letter at the corner mailbox and it was locked shut.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
When you schedule an online pickup it is supposed to generate a scan slip for the carrier to alert him or her of the package and they are supposed to scan both the slip and the package.
I ship this way daily and seldom do they miss a pickup

Last edited:
Wben you schedule an online pickup it is supposed ti venerate a scan slip for the carrier to alert him or her of the packave anx they are supposed to scan both the slip and the package.
I ship thus way daily and seldom do they miss a pickup
Thanks, appreciate the input. My guy must be on strike! The only other thought I had was that mailmen were not going to collect mail due to the virus, but I had not heard that anywhere.

Thanks, appreciate the input. My guy must be on strike! The only other thought I had was that mailmen were not going to collect mail due to the virus, but I had not heard that anywhere.

In my experience, letter carriers have always done whatever they felt like doing.

This must be the Bermuda Triangle of mail-related activity.

Last week, ordered $50+ stamps online. Saw CC charge on my online CC account.

A week later: No stamps, and poof, the charge is gone!

So, they ran out of stamps?!

This must be the Bermuda Triangle of mail-related activity.

Last week, ordered $50+ stamps online. Saw CC charge on my online CC account.

A week later: No stamps, and poof, the charge is gone!

So, they ran out of stamps?!
I heard they were good nostril cloggers :) . Have a good day, up there today, brother

Back