Utility Fighter Appreciation Thread

Do you have drill press? Here is a post of mine from awhile back where I used a drill press, a block of wood and some sandpaper to get the turned look.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/cpk-modifications.1449667/post-18875695

I can't see the photos for some reason on your link. I do have a drill press and I tried to do that with diamond stones and the fasteners didn't look very good. But I didn't try sandpaper.
So I ground and polished 4 of them by hand, which took all day. Then I played around with bluing them. Man, bluing them is tricky - mine went from blue to straw in a split second. I'll just have to bring them to temp slower. I tried using my Hot-Air Rework Station but that didn't work. So I used my Butane torch and it worked. In this photo you can see a couple of them:

Bluing-1a.jpg

Since I decided to collect my preordered UF2 for my grandson, I have taken my UF out of the collecting category and made her one of my users. I bought some nice Bright Green Terotuf scales from a kind forum member and figured I would let you guys see them with different hardware. I am growing fond of the blued titanium and prefer them with these scales also. What do you guys think looks the best?

View attachment 1625653View attachment 1625654View attachment 1625655
bottom picture
top picture
middle picture

Ever since I received my UF2'S from jo and the crew at CPK last month on the 28th I've
Been EDC'ing my single edge variant every day since receiving them and I'll let you guys
In on a little secret !... and that is the UF2 is
ABSOLUTELY Awesome! It has replaced Mt
Kershaw/Emerson pocket knife as my EDC
They both weight 8 Oz but the UF2 has a 6
Inch blade well the Kershaw/Emerson only
Has a 4 inch blade ....it came sharp but I used my jre industries strop bat on both of my UF2'S and now they are so incredibly sharp it's mind blowing 🤯 !!!... I will keeping the UF2 as my All-time EDC especially since I'll be moving out to my 15 acre spread in the country and so I'll need to have a good knife on my person at all times when outside all I need now would be my custom made 3V short sword and maybe a cpk light chopper and a good axe and I'll be set to go for all my wood gathering and chopping needs... with my short sword taking the place of the chopper until I can aquire a cpk light chopper or a new chopper design that cpk comes up with in the future !... but back to the UF2 I've found that there is nothing this blade can't handle cutting wise and I also take comfort in knowing that it is still a fighter so it can and will do a wonderful job in a self defense situation but I like the fact it's so utilitarian in all the tasks it can and does accomplish ! So thanks Nathan and Jo and the rest of the crew at CPK for the best knife/knives this humble man from New Mexico has ever had!

Frank Cervantes from new Mexico aka FRC505 on bladeforums

Ever since I received my UF2'S from jo and the crew at CPK last month on the 28th I've
Been EDC'ing my single edge variant every day since receiving them and I'll let you guys
Has a 4 inch blade ....it came sharp but I used my jre industries strop bat on both of my UF2'S and now they are so incredibly sharp it's mind blowing 🤯 !!!... I will keeping the UF2 as my All-time EDC especially since I'll be moving out to my 15 acre spread in the country and so I'll need to have a good knife on my person at all times when outside all I need now would be my custom made 3V short sword and maybe a cpk light chopper and a good axe and I'll be set to go for all my wood gathering and chopping needs... with my short sword taking the place of the chopper until I can aquire a cpk light chopper or a new chopper design that cpk comes up with in the future !... but back to the UF2 I've found that there is nothing this blade can't handle cutting wise and I also take comfort in knowing that it is still a fighter so it can and will do a wonderful job in a self defense situation but I like the fact it's so utilitarian in all the tasks it can and does accomplish ! So thanks Nathan and Jo and the rest of the crew at CPK for the best knife/knives this humble man from New Mexico has ever had!

Frank Cervantes from new Mexico aka FRC505 on bladeforums

My grandsons UF2 is awesome also. It has the full dagger grind and Cocobolo scales.

UF2-1a.jpg

Has a 4 inch blade ..
Just curious, cause I tried to EDC my UF2 but it was a bit too long - how are you carrying it? I would imagine it carries very easily on the outside of a belt, but concealed/IWB -not so much. Which is why I bought a DEK, it hides in my waistband pretty comfortably.

Just curious, cause I tried to EDC my UF2 but it was a bit too long - how are you carrying it? I would imagine it carries very easily on the outside of a belt, but concealed/IWB -not so much. Which is why I bought a DEK, it hides in my waistband pretty comfortably.
I carry my UF2 cross draw on the left side of my belt right above my left front pocket and yes it does carry easily and it's never in the way and when I'm carrying a firearm the knife stays in the same place and my 10mm is in a IWB Vedder Holster at the 4 or 5 o clock position on my waist ! ...

Frc505 aka Frank Cervantes

Pictures or it didn't happen Mat!

Yeah you tease!😘

You got it but under the rinky-dink studio lights using iPhone for some quickies, just because you two darlings had asked.

Top one DEF2 with AZ-DIW scales and Mark's vertical satin grind, bottom one DEF2 with African-BW scales and Nathan's lengthwise satin/acid washed combo. I think that CPK had just about enough material left for one set of AFBW, which was my special request, to keep up with my other CPKs with AFBW. I think that Jo and Nathan produce the best AFBW scales I have ever seen, but don't take my words for it, maybe order some to see for yourselves. oops, soory! :p

paa1Y1V.jpg

GrQqKfy.jpg

7toxjaZ.jpg

GlfbYQm.jpg

You got it but under the rinky-dink studio lights using iPhone for some quickies, just because you two darlings had asked.

Top one DEF2 with AZ-DIW scales and Mark's vertical satin grind, bottom one DEF2 with African-BW scales and Nathan's lengthwise satin/acid washed combo. I think that CPK had just about enough material left for one set of AFBW, which was my special request, to keep up with my other CPKs with AFBW. I think that Jo and Nathan produce the best AFBW scales I have ever seen, but don't take my words for it, maybe order some to see for yourselves. oops, soory! :p

paa1Y1V.jpg

GrQqKfy.jpg

7toxjaZ.jpg

GlfbYQm.jpg
Beautiful

Those UF2s are gorgeous! Are they a custom blade length? They don't look like they are 6" long.

That’s immediately what I thought, not how good looking the wood scales were, but that the blades look like they‘re an inch short or so lol.

Gorgeous wood by the way.

No, it's just the fault of the inept photographer. I have one of these amateur cubical photo studios for when the natural lighting is dim and the way I had angled the iPhone to capture the scales gives that shortened blade impression. I'll try to do better next times :)

Back