Victorinox Model Identification

OK, I'm relatively new to knives and very new to this website. That said I hope you forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question or if it has been asked many times before.

Now to the actual substance. Years ago before I was interested in knives I was given a Victorinox by my cousin for Christmas one year. Now that I'm getting more interested in knives I would like to know exactly what model it is. I have tried looking on their website and have had no luck matching it to any of their current models.

My question: is there any way that one can identify the model of a Victorinox by looking at the knife? Is it stamped anywhere or otherwise identified on the tool?

Thanks in advance.

The model name is not usually on the knife but on the box it comes in. You can often tell the model by looking at it's general layout and the tools it has.
Do you have a picture? or can you list all of it's tools/size/shape? I'm sure we could give you a pretty good idea of the model from that.

I will post a picture later, but the items are..

2.75" Knife, Scissors, Can Opener/Flat head driver

Cork screw w/mini flat head driver screwed in, hook with file on the back

tooth pick, tweezers, ball point pen

Gotta be :) Is this it?

vm_54941_sol_a02.jpg

I also have a question that I cannot find answers to. I recently purchased a used Victorinox knife, red in colour with the following blades and features: 2.75" main blade, 1.5" second blade, bottle opener with 1/4" common screwdriver blade, can opener, scissors, wood saw blade, corkscrew, awl and tweezers. I thought maybe it might be the Camper model but that does not have the wood saw. So I am stumped. Any help appreciated.

yes joe, sakwiki is a terrific resource! it could be easier to search, but otherwise lots of interesting & useful info on all the sak models!

the thing i'd like to know, can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for identifying the sak, like what indicates it's date of manufacture, like the differences in the awl or scissors between early & late manufacture for example ... ???

Libertymike, I think what you have is a huntsman, very common model, and very handy.

Sparky42, I don't know of too many definitive sources that lay it all out, but there are a few resources over at multitool.org that might help. The thing is, the way production is handled at Vic, it seems like some changes happen over a few years as old parts get used up, so its hard to nail down exact timeframes, but it can help you get sort of an era. So you might get a date range from the tang stamp, then split that range if it occurs near another change, like say the scissors pivot. Easier is to just find the version, pre/post mystery hook, long file, hole in awl. stuff like that.

alguien me podría decir el modelo de una victoria victorinox: tiene una hoja normal, saca corchos y abre botellas, tiene el logo de victorinox de 1980 a 1987 pero no tiene palillo, pinzas, y anillas

alguien me podría decir el modelo de una victoria victorinox: tiene una hoja normal, saca corchos y abre botellas, tiene el logo de victorinox de 1980 a 1987 pero no tiene palillo, pinzas, y anillas
Post a pic or use the tool linked twice so far in this thread

Back