1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Video - BATTLESAW!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by RobStanley, Jul 24, 2016.

1. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    Did a little fun review of the Battlesaw yesterday. Awesome blade. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;GDVPmFzqHKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVPmFzqHKQ[/video]

2. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Awesome as usual Rob! Thanks for that

3. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    As Usual Rob, very nice Video-Great to see the Saw in Action, Thanks

4. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Mar 18, 2003
    Nicely done Rob!:cool::thumbup:

5. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    Another top vid mate! And of course, i more than approve of the wicked tunes ;) :D

6. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Really enjoyed the video, great job!

7. Blain

Blain

May 7, 2004
    Very nice.

8. The Last Confederate

The Last Confederate

Aug 29, 2015
    That's nice, though it seems as if your battle saw has a shorter edge than normal. The battle saws I have experienced have tall narrow factory edges more like the image below, and I think it makes a huge different in performance. In your experience though, how does the battle saw compare to the ASBH, the 1311, and other similar choppers in its class?

[​IMG]

9. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    Love this thing. One thing I didn't cover in the video is the flattened butt/pommel. Makes for a cool spot for whacking should you need to hammer the knife into something ie: use it as a large chisel or similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ...... yeah......those freshly turned zombie skulls are just that much harder to get through..... ;) :D Noice review mate....but that accent... :p :p

11. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    The edge on mine is great! Thin enough to get it nice and slicey and thick enough so it doesn't crap itself when I smash it through hard wood. I'm not sure I know what the ASBH is, I assume you mean the ASHBM? If so, it's very similar in performance, especially in the chopping dept. I like the 1311, it's a good light chopper but I find it binds too much due to the thin stock. I reckon it's best suited as a machete style tree trimmer etc. As stated in the video, the Battlesaw is a great all round bush knife and would be right at home as the 'go to' tool when roughing it in the sticks.

12. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Thanks for the vid, high production values!! :thumbup::thumbup:

13. The Hobbiest

The Hobbiest

Mar 17, 2016
    Thanks for sharing you're experience. Definitely interesting and delighted to hear your opinion of the CBT while splitting/chopping wood. Can't wait to get my hands on the Hognose War Sword and put it through these tasks.

14. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    Awesome

15. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Great video as usual. The more I see the Battlesaw, the more I want one. You seem to have a lot of very cool hard woods around. Do you ever make anything (other than fire) with them?

16. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob

Oct 16, 2013
    Rob --- I watched the video a few times -- it never got old. Love your videos brother! My Battle Saw arrives tomorrow --- can't wait!!

17. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    No, mostly fire. I am planning on making some cool outdoor seats with the big stuff tho. That is, if the bloody white ants don't demolish it first.

18. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    You're gonna love it mate.

19. rwdata

rwdata Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Great video! Now I want one!

20. khukoo head

khukoo head Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Very nice video! Love seeing it in action, and your videos never disappoint.
    You and me both! Hognose "wreckin' shop" sword is gonna be epic, and help me get over missing out on the battle saw.