Video - BATTLESAW!

Very nice video! Love seeing it in action, and your videos never disappoint.

You and me both! Hognose "wreckin' shop" sword is gonna be epic, and help me get over missing out on the battle saw.

That Hognose bad boy is going to be a wrecking machine of gargantuan proportions! Can't wait!!!

Oh my oh my --- I knew I'd like it --- but I had no idea it was this bad a$$ and stunning --- big thanks to Ron for this and the sheath -- stunning

Nice! Looks to have a nice thin bevel too huh? I say that sole based on what looks to be a higher than usual secondary

Nice! Looks to have a nice thin bevel too huh? I say that sole based on what looks to be a higher than usual secondary

You are absolutely right --- it does indeed appear thinner than others --- I can't wait to put my mirror polished edge on this beast --- and then --- when I strip it ---- it'll just be in a league of its own --- if only I can get the mirror polished blade profile like the CGFBM you recently finished ---- zero friction forces -- can't wait!!

You are absolutely right --- it does indeed appear thinner than others --- I can't wait to put my mirror polished edge on this beast --- and then --- when I strip it ---- it'll just be in a league of its own --- if only I can get the mirror polished blade profile like the CGFBM you recently finished ---- zero friction forces -- can't wait!!
Oh you can,, it will take some time, energy, and a lot of sandpaper but its very achievable.

After using the aerosol Kleen strip, I sand away any decarb using one of these.
feae6129999c973e60188ffb8252fa8d.jpg

I start with 220, then 320, and then 400.
After that I moved to hand sanding with 600 and then 800.
Then finished with a liberal coating and rubdown with Mothers Mag polish.

Last edited:
Oh you can,, it will take some time, energy, and a lot of sandpaper but its very achievable.

After using the aerosol Kleen strip, I sand away any decarb using one of these.
feae6129999c973e60188ffb8252fa8d.jpg

I start with 220, then 320, and then 400.
After that I moved to hand sanding with 600 and then 800.
Then finished with a liberal coating and rubdown with Mothers Mag polish.

Awesome!! Any chance you'd be able to video record the process?! Lol I know that that's asking a lot -- but hey --- it's definitely worth asking when the results come out as good as yours! 😉

Thanks for the vid! Entertains, as usual.

"It's a groovy little notch!"

Baddum bum! He'll be here all day, folks.

How can you tell if one is the thin bevel or not? What bevel does this have?

IMG_2656_zpswmlhhqiy.jpg
I can't, its all a guess, but in my experience a higher secondary, meaning, more metal ground and exposed, equates to a thinner bevel on a 1/4" thick knife.
That one does look like it has a thinner bevel..

Great vid! That's definitly one I wish I would have ordered ... But who knows maybe it will pop back up in O2W part 2

Rad video, Rob! And sweet blade. Love the music :thumbup::thumbup:

Seems there might be a bit of confusion about edge terminology. And perhaps it's me who's most confused...:eek::confused:

But wouldn't a...

"thinner" behind the edge blade stock equate into a "shorter" less noticeable V edge

Than a

"thicker" behind the edge blade stock?

IF both blades were ground at the same angles on the edge? <secondary bevel>

I could be wrong but my experience is A 30 deg. incl. V on a BattleSaw is gonna look more noticeable and taller than a 30 deg. incl. V on a razor blade thin stock.

I'm too tired or I would drag out and photo my Scrapper 5 and my Spyderco Caly Jr.-- both sharpened by me on my EP to 15 dps. The Scrapper has a nice tall and showy mirror bevel and the poor Caly Jr. barely looks like it's even got a secondary bevel.

So, it's my thinking Tim's claiming the Saw's that have a "shorter" less noticeable edge are the thinner ones.

But for that to be true in all cases we'd have to first agree that although some Saws seem to vary in thickness behind the edge, but all are IDENTICALLY ground in terms of their working edge...offhand, I'd say that there are more factors to be considered. :eek::confused:

Last edited:
Back