VIDEO: Spyderco Manix 2 Hard Use test

True enough. But for a folder that's meant to be "hard-use", I think this is a fair test.

yeah, yeah. :yawn:

Pointshoot777 is entitled to his opinion the same as yours. This post of mine does not contribute to this discussion and neither does yours. We know the discussion going on in the other thread, Pointshoot777 might not.

Pointshoot777 is entitled to his opinion the same as yours. This post of mine does not contribute to this discussion and neither does yours. We know the discussion going on in the other thread, Pointshoot777 might not.

That's because this thread is about hard use folders. Whether there's a need for these or not, it is what we want to have. The discussion that a fixed blade is better is already a given but it has also been beaten to death in plenty of other posts.

What is being discussed here is the test itself and the cause of the failure. A gratuitous post here about a fixed blade over folder has no relevance.

Pointshoot777's post was boilerplate. It's the kind of deadening cliche that gets thrown in EVERY SINGLE TIME there's a debate about hard use folders.
Not only have we heard it all before by now, I'd like people to figure out for themselves that we know and understand that fixed blades are better suited for hard use than folders. We get really tired of having to explain (another thing people could figure out themselves if they bothered) that you don't always HAVE a fixed blade on you, that we simply want the toughest folder we can get, etc, etc.

As was already pointed out, it's simply irrelevant. It's like pointing out a stove is more efficient at cooking than a campfire, when the debate is about how to best cook a rabit over a campfire. :rolleyes:

pointshoot777's post was boilerplate. It's the kind of deadening cliche that gets thrown in every single time there's a debate about hard use folders.
Not only have we heard it all before by now, i'd like people to figure out for themselves that we know and understand that fixed blades are better suited for hard use than folders. We get really tired of having to explain (another thing people could figure out themselves if they bothered) that you don't always have a fixed blade on you, that we simply want the toughest folder we can get, etc, etc.

As was already pointed out, it's simply irrelevant. It's like pointing out a stove is more efficient at cooking than a campfire, when the debate is about how to best cook a rabit over a campfire. :rolleyes:

a m e n :d

Back