Vintage Buck search

Lesknife

From SW Kansas prairie lands born in No Mans Land.
Gold Member
Hey all, I’m sorry for making a thread and if it’s not appropriate I can remove it.
I’m coming up empty handed for information and my last resort is here.
I’m looking for some links or sites or info where I can look and shop for vintage Buck knives. I used to see them around but, lately trying the search engines I have and it’s useless. If anything does show its either out of stock or discontinued. Anymore a specific search results in ad pushing for amazon and the bay of what they want to sell and nothing close to what I’m looking for. And I’m not a bay swimmer as I try to avoid sharks and pirates. I signed up on bcci thinking there might be some links there but I’m not finding them if there are.
I’d really appreciate your help and knowledge or if you could pm me that would be great. Thanks, Les

The BCCI Facebook page might be a place to look, if you can handle Facebook. Vintage knives show up for sale there and you can always post a notice of what you are looking for.

Bert

The only place I know the show up sometimes is the bay. There are also a few members here who sell on the bay alot, maybe they can help.

The only place I know the show up sometimes is the bay. There are also a few members here who sell on the bay alot, maybe they can help.
Okay thanks, I wouldn’t mind going on the bay and dealing with a forum member in good standing or someone I knew was reputable but I’m leery of a total stranger. I guess if I knew their user name I could keep a watch on it.

I’m actually looking for and hoping I can find a 303 cadet elk handle like the March 2018 botm. Or a jigged bone, something with a better grip than smooth Rosewood.

The Exchange here?
The Buck Only Exchange found in the Buck sub-forum?
Yes I keep watch there and have bought a few. It’s just not very active lately. Thanks

I've bought dozens of vintage knives on eBay and I've never had a problem. You can find some real bargains if you don't mind looking through a broad search. It will yield far more results so wading through it may take a bit of time, but it can be worth it. Many sellers are not knife people so they often put very basic titles like "Buck knife" because they don't know better or don't care. Sometimes titles are mislabeled or misspelled so they don't come up for a search for that model. If you are patient you can sometimes find nice stuff for good prices being offered by this kind of seller.

I once bought a Schrade PH2 in great condition for about $20 because the seller listed it as a "sprotsmans knife" and there were no other bidders.

Hi Les,

Welcome to the Buck forum! As your are a member of the BCCI and have access to the Club News Letters. Go look up the email address of the Club Vice President Larry Oden. He is a Buck dealer and gives discounts to members. He also has a consignment list you can ask him to send you. You can also ask him to find just what you are looking for.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
JB

I’m actually looking for and hoping I can find a 303 cadet elk handle like the March 2018 botm. Or a jigged bone, something with a better grip than smooth Rosewood.

Yeah, I’ll agree for sure a 303 like the 301 forum knife would be awesome. I’d buy two or three of those.

Keep an eye out for one of the 1998 special edition 303’s in jigged bone too. Pretty nice knife. And it has decent blade pull and not real soft like the new ones. Just today I got in a rosewood 303 in brass just cause I didn’t have one and it makes me wonder of the backsprings are made of aluminum. So soft. Sorry, went off topic with that.

3431E9AE-5911-4E11-A1FE-3CEF1B6982F1.jpeg

yep as jb4570 says, bcci and Larry's consignment lists. well worth the small investment in bcci membership plus all the other perks.

Hi Les,

Welcome to the Buck forum! As your are a member of the BCCI and have access to the Club News Letters. Go look up the email address of the Club Vice President Larry Oden. He is a Buck dealer and gives discounts to members. He also has a consignment list you can ask him to send you. You can also ask him to find just what you are looking for.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
JB
... but Larry does not sell overseas. :( No chance.

Haebbie

The Camillus produced 300s with the long pull are really well made.

I think so too. They are very much my preferred 303. Nice medium springs, flat ground, long pull. What’s not to like? Lol. I’m not really sure why Buck went away from this styling, in whichever year it was, which leads to the current production 303’s, which to me, and I’m far from an expert, are a step back from the older models. But that’s me.

And off the auction site, older 303’s in terrific shape can be had quite reasonable.

Yes I keep watch there and have bought a few. It’s just not very active lately. Thanks

Here a couple others I found in the drawer you may wish to look for. Still delrin but at least different colors than Model A black. I’d like a smooth red one too but those seem to command a premium so I’m gathering there weren’t that many smooth ones run off. I carry these too, when I’m accessorizing to make sure my knife color matches my sox and underwear colors. Lol. I need a denim colored one to match my jeans.

The red is from 91, yellow is a 87.

I really wish the Buck custom shop would let you build 301’s and 303’s. And bring back the 700 series as long as I’m wishing.

B7EFFD7A-E12C-4015-9FAC-3F0961FA456A.jpeg

I dont know what's reflecting in the solo's blade. It's mirror polished though.

It's all of the production version 303s that I know of except for the Painted Pony.

It took a few years to gather them all up. There are a couple that are lightly used that I keep an eye out for NIB replacements. One El Cajon custom stag (until someone proves it different), one yellow with a "Buck" shield that I didn't know existed, and a grey Workman that missed the pad print, among others.

Persistence is the key. I started this group but purchasing a stag off Ebay who turned out to be a local guy with shoe boxes full of 303s. I picked up 6 or 8 different ones then decided I needed them all so the hunt was on.

Little did i know that meant more than 3 dozen...

Ebay, flea markets, this forum, the BCCI, and word of mouth is how I came to find them all. I still keep an eye peeled for ones I didnt know about.

I put a list together based on Buck catalogs, buildout lists, and ones I've seen here not on lists.

Searching them out was fun. The solo took years to find in the wild.

Good luck!

Back