1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Vintage Buck search

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Lesknife, Aug 3, 2019.

1. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    The reflection appears to be the orange peal texture from the table.

2. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    You know darn well all you would have to do is ask and one of us would get the knife to you. Not to mention I thought that was the main reason you forced your daughter to come here. :D

Conversation from the Habbie household....... " all these sellers with these rare bucks won't ship overseas so I signed you up to be an exchange student and your gonna help dad increase his collection, and no you don't have a choice. Go pack":D:D:D

jb4570, Lesknife, jbmonkey and 2 others like this.
  3. Haebbie

Haebbie Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Yes! That’s it. I use every chance to underrun the shipping embargo from the United States dealership to me. Ursula van der Leyen is glad to see Germany well armed. :)

Haebbie

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    jbmonkey and Brhowser87 like this.
  4. Haebbie

Haebbie Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Thank you JB, thank you Brhowser, it is a great feeling to know to have Friends in the USA who help me to fulfill my good wishes, wants and needs. Thank you.

Haebbie

jb4570, jbmonkey and Brhowser87 like this.
  5. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    No problem at all. Anything to help get the knives over to you.:D Especially since alot of people here have helped me a great deal.

jbmonkey likes this.
  6. bertl

bertl Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2011
    I can't tell from the photo, so I'll ask. Do you have the smooth black Delrin that Buck did in 1989? The numbers were really limited so I don't know if it should be called a production knife.

Bert

7. MT_Pokt

MT_Pokt Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I don't have that one. Same for the Camillus version w/ handle pins and "303" on the pile side. I still keep my eyes peeled for one and will find one some day, but my rabid pursuit has pretty much subsided.

There's also a Signature Series without a Buck shield or Ichtus I believe. But it wasn't marketed that way so I never searched on out.

I based my list on what I could find in Buck catalogs, SMKW catalogs, BO Lists, etc... I excluded advertising models and have had a few and passed them on. The DU Greenwing will probably be given to my nephew or donated to our local DU to raffle at their annual dinner (Lord knows I've won enough firearms over the years that I could give a little something back).

That being said, there are several in that box that weren't in catalogs anywhere that I just had to add like the unpolished Ironwood Timberlake, yellow with "BUCK" shield, and buffalo solitaire.

The only marketed version that I know I'm still missing is the Painted Pony. I've been close a couple of times, but just can't seem to spend the money on that particular knife.

I've passed a mess of them along because they didn't really fit my collection: advertising knives, blank shields, grey and black poly pearls, etc...

If you know of other marketed versions that I don't have; please list them here. I hate to think I'm not really done... :)

8. Tecate

Tecate Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Ichthus 303:
    upload_2019-8-8_9-31-7.png

m r merrill, jmh33 and jbmonkey like this.
  9. bertl

Feb 17, 2011
    I think that version is a myth, just to drive collectors crazy.

Bert

10. MT_Pokt

Jul 21, 2014
    I can't remember if mine has Chuck's signature etched on the back or not. Does yours?

[​IMG]

@bertl - I agree... vicious rumor!

jmh33 and jbmonkey like this.
  11. Tecate

Tecate Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2017
    It does. It is basically the signature series 303 with a different emblem.

12. Joe58

Joe58 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Do you have a picture of this model? I’d like to see what it looks like.

13. bertl

Feb 17, 2011
    I don't have the smooth black Delrin from 1989, but I do have the smooth black Valox from 2011.

Bert

303 smooth black copy.jpg

jmh33 likes this.
  14. MT_Pokt

Jul 21, 2014
    Why dont I have this one??? Intersting...