Virus school closures

Bad situation anyway you look it. An economic collapse will kill more people than this virus. Cant have that. What did we mortgage away or give up for stimulus packages. God only knows. And this whole time ignorant people shopping without masks and essential businesses (and there are many of them) not providing masks to employees. Well that part changes today in PA, a mandate to wear masks and employers to provide them and it's well over a month too late if you ask me.
Air pollution kills 70 million people annually. That's quite a number. I'm surprised how clean the atmosphere has gotten over the last few weeks. Off work for 30 to 45 days if everyone would abide by pretty easy rules would end this. Of course there going to be economic impact.

If we stay the course, this will be over before too long. I take my cue from Douglas and Boris and just take it one day at a time.

YYn7Ueb.jpg

Air pollution kills 70 million people annually. That's quite a number. I'm surprised how clean the atmosphere has gotten over the last few weeks. Off work for 30 to 45 days if everyone would abide by pretty easy rules would end this. Of course there going to be economic impact.

People like this protester in Olympia WA make their own rules.

27398140-8235127-A_man_wearing_a_cutout_mask_gathered_with_hundreds_of_others_at_-a-12_1587351542528.jpg

Kathy's Dad tried to fish one last time Sunday morning down by Tampa..Even tho the Skyway bridge was closed he figured he could find a spot and maybe catch a nice Red or if really lucky a legal Grouper. By 1:00 my son and him gave up because every place they tried was elbow to elbow crowded! It was a big surprise to both of them how many people were out trying to get outside for a little sun and I'm sure more than a few were fishing very seriously for food as unemployment continues to rise and few folks here are getting either unemployment or stimulus money..

I don’t see any irony in it either way. There’s a lot of misinformation and fixing of the stats to garner support one way or the other. Some flat out lies as well. We are in a very unstable time in our nation where it can completely change our lives and most likely will. I think it’s best to take these supposed reports with a lot of salt. The political winds are more of a swirling storm rather than a strong breeze and we have enemies who would like to see the USA fall and not return. Stay safe and be alert!

I've seen multiple refrigerator semi trailers for the deceased at a Detroit hospital because the morgue was full.

No matter how you spin that story its still scary as hell!

The sign in the hospital yard reads "heroes work here".
I'd dare those protesters to picket their cause there.
The Detroit Police Department is right across the street, they would probably love to have them....

Last edited:
I'm sure glad I live rural. One case reported in Falls County TX...on march 23rd.
yes Sir. one thing this has spurred in me is to eventually get more property out in the boonies, way far away in a county in this state with few people and bigger acreage and no tourist attractions to bring in outsiders. so I can hide out like the ultra rich are doing in New Zealand in their bunkers. :confused: read that today on bloomberg......

In many other areas it’s the opposite. Empty hospitals, staff being layed off and people needing surgery or treatments unless it’s absolutely an emergency. It makes no sense! In our county we have had 4 covid-19 cases, 1 recovered, 0 deaths. Many rural areas are in the same situation. In metro areas it might be very high but the whole country isn’t a metro area.

In many other areas it’s the opposite. Empty hospitals, staff being layed off and people needing surgery or treatments unless it’s absolutely an emergency. It makes no sense! In our county we have had 4 covid-19 cases, 1 recovered, 0 deaths. Many rural areas are in the same situation. In metro areas it might be very high but the whole country isn’t a metro area.
Govt has to plan for worst case.

Govt has to plan for worst case.
And the experts missed it big time! I don’t have any trust in the WHO or persons tied to global anything. And what might be good for some areas and situations are disastrous for others. It should have been according to the county or metropolitan area not as a one size fits all.

I'm concerned that folks in areas with limited exposure don't take it seriously.
This thing is wickedly capable of spreading between folks that are asymptomatic.
Even tho it may not kill you, you may well spend the rest of your life with lung damage...... I just hope it's not the new normal.

It's easy for people to not take it seriously. If they don't know anyone going thru it, doesn't seem real. There are some videos out there of people talking about what it's like to be infected.

In the last few weeks I have been researching the 1918 pandemic and how lessons learned in that disaster might apply for this one. First there's definitely waves of infections. We are in the first one now. And the waves crest at different times and in different areas and no particular set of law's or restrictions should apply Nationwide. That's why state Governors have the power and responsibility to there state and situation. Our Governor is treating South Florida in the epicenter of infections differently than other area's.
The greatest danger I see is that Covid-19 will mutate (like most definitely do) into a more deadly strain. That's what happened in 1918. It was far more deadly in the second wave. We didn't have the knowledge about viruses that we do now but we STILL are in the dark as to what will happen next. It's very odd the full range of symptoms folks who have it show. It's much more deadly to the elderly than the Spanish flue was..It killed 20 to 50 year old people very efficiently. It's shocking to me how many who have it and show few if any symptoms can be 'super spreaders' and are fully contagious to everyone! I don't have much confidence in any vaccine that might be made as most 'Flu' vaccines are only 40% effective..if they work at all. They have there own set of problems and dangers and the frantic rush to get one out will only make it more likely to be ineffective and...dangerous? Covid-19 is strangely dangerous with symptoms not normally seen. I truly believe the worst spread in the midwest and deep south is yet to come. And if it mutates I hope it becomes milder and less deadly. I hope Florida's Governor errs on the side of caution but the economic pressure here is intense to open..

Hopefully it will not mutate and return like the Spanish flu. Dieing a hemorrhaging mess by the end of the day is not how I want to go. At least we have information. Spain was neutral in WWI and was the only source of real information. Everyone else was lied to for the war effort. We now know what viruses are and how they spread. Washing hands and not touching your face does help. Masking in public and at work will help. We need to keep our guard up. Opening the economy back up needs at least these things in place.

Back