Virus school closures

My great grandfather died in the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak. He was hauling bodies out of Boston by the wagon load. There was some sort of accident and he was run over and crushed.

it seems funny to see it in the news so much now.

Interesting eveled, A tid bit I had forgotten about until recently. My great grandmother was to sick from the Spanish flu to attend the funerals of her two young sons that died from it.

I agree. It's the most interesting to see the progression of things and people's thoughts on it.

What a trash year.

If this year were a pizza topping, it would be "used band aid"

COVID-19 is bad, no matter how you slice it. It doesn’t care about administrations or party lines. It can straight up kill you (or scar your lungs forever, making you short of breath forever) and doesn’t discriminate.
Just like Pneumonia.
My lungs were 20-25% scarred by pneumonia when I was in third grade. On the "plus side" (my opinion only; there were/are some even back then, who disagree) it didn't kill me.

Last edited:
I don't even know if closing schools is the right decision. The spread of a previously unknown virus and its mutation has been the most pressing issue of the last six months. It is foolish to deny that we are risking our health every day. However, life must go on. It is impossible to pause training because knowledge of my daughter began to deteriorate. Recently she wanted to order student work because she couldn't handle it herself. I didn't want her to choose a non-professional service, so I advised her to read the reviews on the websites that write papers for you on the OnlineWritersRating site. I don't want the quarantine to affect my daughter's school scores permanently, so I sincerely hope the pandemic is over soon.

I found your post difficult to understand, is English your second language? Do you mean that your daughter is a student and has to hire an online service to write papers for her classes?

Here in Florida we are still seeing a increase in cases but the positively number is down. My grand daughter's keep going from remote schooling to actually going to school. Unemployment benefits are running out for many and the moratorium on evictions is ending after being extended 2 or 3 times. When Kathy and I go out we always wear a mask and avoid crowds if at all possible. We did have a outside gig that put us at some unavoidable close contact ( no dancers wore a mask) but down here it's STILL a real threat. Sadly many small and some large businesses are gone forever and the huge work force for the Cruise ship industry is idle. We are getting use to the 'new normal' but I still forget to wear a mask and have to go back to my car to get one. My biggest fear of civil unrest has not happened probably because food is available but I know lots of folks who look for ANY free food distribution because they lost their jobs. I'm still helping my daughter because her husband lost his job. If this was deliberate..

Back