1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

VTOKU Sprint Run

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Sharp Guy, Dec 8, 2017.

1. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    I bet it will be February.
    My Pre order is only a few months after yours.

2. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Does anyone know if they are going to release a VTOKU wharncliffe Delica?

wildwoodsy and uxo2 like this.
  3. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    Can I ask where you got the deep-carry clip?

4. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    It's a MXG Gear clip. He is a member here and goes by Gnoleb.

MarriedTheMedic and FW JSB like this.
  5. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    mwramos76 likes this.
  6. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    I pre-ordered a VTOKU Stretch from Knifecenter about a week ago. After reading this thread, I now realize I probably have no chance of getting one. I had no idea you all had been waiting this long for them to drop. I've been burned a couple of times in the past on KC pre-orders, but it's been a few years since I tried. I love the Stretch, but I keep losing them. I may have to settle for another VG-10 version. Boring but functional.

7. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    Nice cat. :D

8. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I have had good experience buying directly (not through pre-order) from KC, but this problem of pre-orders not being fulfilled is just ridiculous. A dealer should know how many pieces of a sprint run it will receive, correct? If so, it should be easy for the dealer to decide when to stop taking pre-orders.

9. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    You'd think, but based on what they say when you do pre-order, they expect to get quite a few but they don't have an exact figure. Hopefully, I'll luck out, or find it somewhere else if KC doesn't pan out. Here's the disclaimer they post on pre-order knives:

Disclaimer: Although we have a large quantity on order with the manufacturer and through distribution, we are not provided with any details as to how many we will receive. We expect most of the pre-orders to be filled, however, cannot guarantee that all pre-orders will be filled. Orders will be shipped based on pre-order date. Due to the very limited nature of this item and its high demand, we reserve the right to limit the quantity to one per customer.

10. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    As I think you've realize, the key to pre-orders is to get in early. If I know I'm late getting in for a knife that's bound to be hot I won't even bother to sign up. Instead I just watch the threads here and over on the Spyderco Forum for people to post who has the knife in stock. Sometimes I will sign up for the pre-order but cancel it after I find it elsewhere. I've never missed a sprint or exclusive I want. Sometimes I end up with two by accident.

I think you still have a great chance of getting a V-Toku Stretch. You may not get it through your KC pre-order but it should be pretty easy to get the Stretch from another dealer. It's not quite as popular as the other models. So there's usually not the typical frenzy. Just watch the V-Toku threads. I'd be glad to help you if you'd like.

wildwoodsy and FW JSB like this.
  11. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    That'd be great. Thanks!

12. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I went ahead and ordered an MXG Ti deep carry clip for the non existent knife I paid for 11 months ago.
    Maybe that will will it into existence.

13. Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    Someone sold a second of a VToku2 Stretch on FB.
    They’re out here selling the seconds when we don’t even have the prepaid firsts!

uxo2 likes this.
  14. mwramos76

mwramos76

Jun 28, 2013

A little bit of both

15. uxo2

Oct 3, 2013
    I saw that.... Why even bother pre paying.

16. Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah, and the slighted annoyance on those FB Spyderco pages and you get flamed.

17. uxo2

Oct 3, 2013
    I have been waiting since March for the Stretch.
    Then I see some in the wild for sale and figure the release is very near.

Nope.
    Check out this email.

Dear Valued Customer,

At this time, it appears that your order may not be delivered in time for Christmas. If it is meant to be a gift, please contact us to verify the arrival time or to substitute for an "In Stock" item that is available for immediate shipment. If part of your order is in stock and you would like us to partially ship, please let us know (additional shipping may apply).

Thank you

I called and the lady on the other end said they are waiting for Spyderco to ship it to them.
    No date when it is to happen.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  18. Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    Godammit

uxo2 likes this.
  19. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    My pre ordered df2 ships tomorrow, and ive seen stretch's at some sites, so they're coming. It's a Spyderco Christmas miracle!

uxo2 and orangejoe35 like this.
  20. orangejoe35

orangejoe35 The Opposite Platinum Member

Nov 23, 2016
    You’ve seen the Stretches in stock? I can’t find any. It’s almost like whack-a-mole, you just gotta wait for them to pop up.

uxo2 likes this.