• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 Tool Steel 2" Rd

Good article on Michael Pikula in the March issue of Tactical Knives. Michael is the guy who has been forging this big W2 down for folks. Seems he's quite an accomplished maker too and younger than I thought. Congrats, Michael...!

I don't get Tac Knives but they send me one when they feature one of my knives. Much more than Tac knives in this mag. Think I'll subscribe :)

Happy New Year, Folks!

I just wanted to thank all you guys for the business last year.
Think I shipped more W2 in 09 than previous years.

Unfortunately this 2-1/2" W2 is the last of the good stuff. Have a little left.

Might be able to make more knives this year :D

Hi Don, Got the steel today. Come in here to let you know and found the musk ox heh. heh.

Good score Don, I would recommend having those slices stabilized. This stuff wants to curl while it is drying.

Last edited:
Bill, will it stabilize green? I was a bit worried about the drying, I've never used this stuff.

Thanks

Not sure if it will or not Don. it moves alot as it is drying and all the little swirles kind of feather as it dries. The last bit that I used I let dry for about three years before I used it and then stabilized it with some high solids urethane. it worked real good that way.

Back