• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wa handled japanese style kitchen knife

Hey guys just finished this one up. The blade shape was based off of a funayuki deba.

Blade: approximately 5" of takes white #2 suminigashi steel. The blade is laser thin (approximately .09" at the thickest portion and tapering down to a needle point. The grind is ever so slightly convex with the tiniest microlevel.

Handle: The handle is comprised of black g10 with a copper spacer and some beautiful old growth cocobolo.

Asking price is: WITHDRAWN

Thanks for checking this out; if you have more questions please feel free to comment or message me.

-Jeff Fogleboch

and now for some images...

https://youtu.be/c4RaKyN9IIA

Last edited:
If that is the piece of cocobolo you acquired from me, there's a bit of a backstory about it. That was given to me by a gifted woodworker in Buffalo, NY that is currently restoring and maintaining the Frank Lloyd Wright "Darwin Martin" building. He, in turn, was given this wood by a master craftsman that worked for years at the Kittinger Furniture company (famous for, among many things, supplying the dining room furniture for the White House). This wood was from his personal supply, acquired by him in the nineteen-twenties. It was very likely harvested from a tree one hundred years ago. TRUE old-growth cocobolo. I'll bet it will darken a touch and really get a gorgeous, deep red with those black streaks.

Gorgeous knife, bud. Well done!

If that is the piece of cocobolo you acquired from me, there's a bit of a backstory about it. That was given to me by a gifted woodworker in Buffalo, NY that is currently restoring and maintaining the Frank Lloyd Wright "Darwin Martin" building. He, in turn, was given this wood by a master craftsman that worked for years at the Kittinger Furniture company (famous for, among many things, supplying the dining room furniture for the White House). This wood was from his personal supply, acquired by him in the nineteen-twenties. It was very likely harvested from a tree one hundred years ago. TRUE old-growth cocobolo. I'll bet it will darken a touch and really get a gorgeous, deep red with those black streaks.

Gorgeous knife, bud. Well done!

Yessir you are correct this is the cocobolo you gifted me! I did not know that backstory but it certainly does make this gorgeous piece of wood even more interesting. Thanks a lot brother.

-Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better double the price on that now with that provenance. :D

Really nice knife!

Back