walking man walked the plank?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aesop who? You should write 21st century fables. And next time I get the chance to work it into a conversation, I'm gonna steal the above pearl of wisdom!

I've learned something very powerful and important through this. Gig has some great sayings. I work in educational facilities and I have to see how many times I can get away with calling people "ASSHATS" today. Today is going to be a great day.:D;):D

Thanks Gig!:cool::thumbup:

Just wait until you (both) receive the bill ! :D I may be a ho, but I'm an expensive ho. :D

That is the tipical "non-apology apology".

That sounds like any polititian who has done wrong and was trying to save his @$$.

Hello All,

Awhile back I purchased a knife from WM that he put up for Vampire Gerbil Donation fund, see:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482150&highlight=extrema+ratio

There were a lot of emails sent to WM asking where the knife was and promises were made.

The knife finally arrived today (yes it's been a while).

WM told me he would load up the package with extras and he was true to his word.

WM made my deal right with me and for that I'm happy.

Just more wierdness to add to this tale.

through the selfless and laudable support of Russ (Triton) and others. If WM did try to sneak back in, then that probably seals the deal as they say. Kevin did not unban OS overnight and presented it as a period of probation. I think if you are banned initially and plan on coming back, an act of good faith and no acts of bad faith, e.g. sneaking back in, are prerequsites of meeting your goal. Or maybe, I'm missing something.

Tom

through the selfless and laudable support of Russ (Triton) and others. If WM did try to sneak back in, then that probably seals the deal as they say. Kevin did not unban OS overnight and presented it as a period of probation. I think if you are banned initially and plan on coming back, an act of good faith and no acts of bad faith, e.g. sneaking back in, are prerequsites of meeting your goal. Or maybe, I'm missing something.

Tom

Nope you hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned. Sneaking back in does make it harder and reinforces the decision to ban in the first place.

Listed his Desert AA for $100 LESS... Even if he said that "to be fair" he wouldn't sell it until Raden sold his... WHO in their right MIND is going to buy the first one, knowing that there's another for $100 less that will be available as soon as the first sells????JMHO
I'm too lazy to read this whole thread, so I'm putting my 2 cents in here.

Putting all WM's recent behavior aside, no way I'd spend nearly $2000 to save $100 on an ad like WM's. No pictures, no detailed description ... Nuttin but a link to somebody elses ad and a request for ... what was it .. $1900 ?? :rolleyes:

But with that said, concerning the FS post, I can't really see how some here can defend his action. He:

Listed his Desert AA for $100 LESS... Even if he said that "to be fair" he wouldn't sell it until Raden sold his... WHO in their right MIND is going to buy the first one, knowing that there's another for $100 less that will be available as soon as the first sells????

He linked the other sale thread to his own... In effect, 'hijacking' the sale.

while I agree with you, I do not believe this was the reason why he got banned, it was just the final straw on a long line of really unnacceptable behavior on his part in some other forums here.

I think that if he was sincere about being sorry he would have been allowed back in, however, I do not believe that he thinks he's done anything wrong and apologizing just to get back in good graces is no apolgy.

He will no doubt come back as another member under a completely different IP and email address, it is so easy to do. In fact he's probably here right now.

If he were a man, he would come out and state who he is now and try to save face and apologize to the entire BF community for his behavior. I am sure he has had rough times recently and that coupled with his Megalomaniacal personality has caused him grief. If he can realize that he is not smarter than others and in fact may have less common sense than most in here then he can probably get along well in the community being a little more humble.

He will no doubt come back as another member under a completely different IP and email address, it is so easy to do.

It's not as easy to do as some people seem to think. He's already tried twice and failed twice. (Check the Plank Log to keep up with these things. They're often amusing.)

Some of our recurrent trolls have failed over 20 times. Gentlemen, place your bets....

With Cougar on guard, Walking Man will be NOT able to sneak in for over a few minutes, however, Cougar does sleep ever once in a while, so he might make on the boards for an hour or so.:D:D:D
James

It's not as easy to do as some people seem to think. He's already tried twice and failed twice. (Check the Plank Log to keep up with these things. They're often amusing.)

Some of our recurrent trolls have failed over 20 times. Gentlemen, place your bets....

maybe, he's not as smart as he thinks he is :D

maybe, he's not as smart as he thinks he is :D

Most of them think they are smarter than they are.

Examples:
myplea,
Benchmadenut,
Vinny,
KillersKill,
quilp,
and now Walking Man.

Bottom line, none of that type belong in any knife community due to a lack of honesty and/or character.

From what i have seen from his post history, he seemed to be anxious getting banned the last few days. He mentions on 2 different postst he feared getting kicked off the board. I think he just accumulated enough points and got banned, and he fully knew that is was going to happen someday.
I guess he made an impulsive decision to post that stupid FS thread and then couldn't back out anymore.
It seems he has difficulty to admit that his post was stupid and damaging to the other seller.

I have seen people getting banned for a lot less, so he probably knew it was coming.

It was not a matter of points that got him banned.

Anyone who walks on a for sale post like he did will be banned regardless. (It was not the last straw, it was an action that we will not tolerate here and that one action was the cause of the banning.)

If you click on the red infraction marker in the lower right hand corner of the post he made in his for sale thread, you will see that what he did got him 100 infraction points. 50 infraction points will get you banned. This information is in the FAQ area of the forum.

Some of us miss you, WM....Doggonit, some people here just don't understand that!!

All you were trying to do was sell your little knife cheaper than the other guy while using the other guy's for sale thread to do it. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT....geez!!

EDITED TO ADD:
BTW, Does anyone here have a large Sebenza you're going to put up for sale in the near fututre. Wouldja PM me when you do, please? I'd like to put mine up for sale at the same time for 25 bucks cheaper while linking to your "overpriced" for sale thread in the process. :thumbup:

DSC02309.jpg

...I'd like to put mine up for sale for 25 bucks cheaper ...

It's a good idea but it doesn't go far enough. Here's my scheme:

Hey everybody! Go to www.1sks.com and look at all the pictures, read all the ads, decide what you want -- then hit the BACK button on your browser and get it from me for 5% less. To be fair to Spark I won't start selling until he's made enough sales for the year -- that will be right ... about ........ now. :)

He's not coming back for at least a year, if ever. There doesn't need to be any more discussion on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back