Wallet breaking cards

Hey guys. I have a medium bifold wallet. Love the wallet to death but it's broken more than it's fair share of cards. has anyone found a fix for this? Is there a revised wallet that doesnt break the cards or am i a rare case?

When I had the medium wallet, I ended up just stacking the cards and sliding them in the slot underneath the top three outer slots. I slid insurance cards, pics, and bike registration into one of the plastic photo things and put that into the other slot under the other top three pockets. It worked until I ended up getting something else.

Matt

I wrote to saddleback about mine breaking my CC.
They sent me a replacement, but I can't see how it wouldn't do the same thing.
I don't think they changed anything recently, but I haven't tried it.

I had the same issue with my saddleback small id wallet broke the 2 cards that i put in the outside slot that covers about 2/3 of the cards, looking for something better now, nice wallet but dont want to replace cards every 6-12 months.

This is why I got the narrow wallet. You stack 4-5 cards in each of the two slots and they are impossible to bend since they're all one stack together.

Why is this happening? Has this been a recent problem? I just ordered mine and now I'm worried.

Well. Like the standup company that they are, they're sending me a new wallet. I've lost 3 cards to it though. So I'll see how the new wallet does

The wallet I owned before my medium bifold from Saddleback broke my cards but my current wallet from Saddleback hasn't caused any damage at all. Its strange you guys are experiencing this problem.

Does everyone carry it in their back pocket possibly putting more stress on it or something?

Does everyone carry it in their back pocket possibly putting more stress on it or something?

Nope - I bought the medium because my large is big for my front pocket.
I probably won't keep my medium, but I think I'll hang onto the large.
I can fit the large into my front pocket - just a little tough getting it in and out.

I think tight fit combined with opening the wallet to get cash out and there is still a little stress on it even in the front pocket.

I have a medium (coffee) from about 2 years ago that chewed up cards with great regularity. A little over a year ago I purchased a second one in tobacco, that was an improvement but still bulky. In between purchased a small in tobacco but my credit card in the cc slot came up too high (at parity) with the top of the money slot. I've just given up on Saddleback wallets and moved on to Makr. I do, however, LOVE my iPad 2 case and covet a satchel.

Peter

Just got an email from the company. They have since modified the wallets so it should no longer break cards.

Was it modified between 12/4/11 and 2/21 /12. I got my first in December and received a replacement a couple weeks ago.
Haven't opened up the new one since it looks the same and I can see that it also has the "Blue" logo inside.

Not sure about the particulars. You should email them. They will respond.

Mine was supposed to be the new design but possibly deffective.
I've already switched to one from the link I posted and it has worked out well for me.
Been carrying it for almost a month now.
Good luck with yours!

Back