1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Walrus ivory, w's and an S-guard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by DanGraves, Jun 8, 2012.

1. DanGraves

DanGraves KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 5, 2006
    Here is one that all fittings are Damascus as is the blade out of 1080 and 15n20. Fossil Walrus ivory handle with nickel silver pin and a W's pattern Damascus. I make my own Damascus. Blade length is 5 1/8 inches and overall length is 9 1/2 inches. Knife is one of the nicer I have built in a while. Blade at guard is over 3/16 thick with distal taper to tip. Stand is oak and included. SOLD plus 10.00 for priority mail. My e-mail and paypal is [email protected] Thanks

THIS ONE IS SOLD.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  2. Eliot

Eliot KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 22, 2011
    BEAUTIFUL!!! And what a price!

3. Idlewild

Idlewild KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 11, 2004
    Dan, you've made another exceptional piece. The solid WS Damascus fittings really suit and compliment the lighter ivory.
    It looks like it will be very comfortable in the hand. It certainly is beautiful sitting on the stand.

4. bones555

bones555 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Very nice. I really need a user but could never bring myself to actually use this piece.

5. DanGraves

DanGraves KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 5, 2006
    bones555, I love what a friend of mine said over what you said, Quote "If that were true, would pretty girls never have sex?" :)

6. Mudbug007

Mudbug007

Nov 29, 2010
    I'm not a Bowie or Art knife kinda guy, but if I had the extra moola, I'd snap this one up in a heart beat. It's just awesome like most of your other work. I think you're undervaluing your work cause I believe that knife is worth at least double what you're asking for!!

7. Alan Davis Knives

Alan Davis Knives Knife Maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 28, 2010
    Dan, that is one fine looking knife!

8. bones555

bones555 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Touche' I've been keeping an eye out for your knives and I'm sure it's just a matter of time and the "right" one will come along.

9. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    A knife makin machine of Great lookin knives is what you are Dan. Never disapointed.

10. Matt Brook

Matt Brook

Dec 22, 2009
    Awesome knife Dan. That damascus is tight!

11. BRAINESTORM

BRAINESTORM

Apr 25, 2010
    I love it...

12. Phil Tham

Phil Tham

Jan 8, 2002
    Dang, I'm tempted to buy that knife for myself but I'm afraid my wife would shoot me...again. :D
    Phil

13. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Dan: Great looking package there.

14. DanGraves

Mar 5, 2006
    Nice of you guy's to comment on this one. I think it is one of the finer knives I have made in a while.

15. opscwo

opscwo

Dec 14, 2005
    Dan,

I'll take it and it to my Graves collection.

Dean

16. The Government

The Government

Aug 21, 2009
    Nice score! That has to be one of the nicest looking knives I have ever seen.

I almost went for it last night, but I still need a sheath for the last one.:D

17. DanGraves

Mar 5, 2006
    Dean,
    Its yours. What a compliment "The Government" Thank you.