• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Want: Seiko Kinetic, Have: Other Mint Watches

I've been bidding like crazy on ebay and won a lot of cool watches, but didn't get what I REALLY wanted which is a Seiko Kinetic watch.

Not all of these have arrived yet, but when they do, I'd probably trade 2 or 3 or a Seiko Kinetic. (The newer the better.)

What I've got coming:
A couple Pulsar Solars
A couple Swatch Automatics (all metal bands)
A couple Seiko Automatics
They'll all be mint.

I figured I'd post this to see what you have before I fall in love with any of these. I'll take pictures when they all get here.

(I won't be able to answer email June 27th-29th.)

and what do you have to trade?

I changed the bracelet from a Jubilee to an Oyster, you can have whichever one you want. I wear it, but I would say that it is 95%, no dings in the crystal (it is sapphlex), some minor wear on the bracelets.

The only automatic that I am really interested in is the 007.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Kohai999 said:
and what do you have to trade?

I changed the bracelet from a Jubilee to an Oyster, you can have whichever one you want. I wear it, but I would say that it is 95%, no dings in the crystal (it is sapphlex), some minor wear on the bracelets.

The only automatic that I am really interested in is the 007.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I'm looking for something in like 99% condition but if I don't get an offer by the time I get all mine in the mail I'll take some pictures and make you an offer. Thanks!

fulloflead,

Before you get the Seiko kinetic, check out the Kinetic Auto Relay. I have a few of each and the Auto Relay is really nice. Seiko used to carry more Auto Relay models. The old models can be found at Seiko Factory stores and eBay.

Chuck Bybee said:
fulloflead,

Before you get the Seiko kinetic, check out the Kinetic Auto Relay. I have a few of each and the Auto Relay is really nice. Seiko used to carry more Auto Relay models. The old models can be found at Seiko Factory stores and eBay.

I've got an "Auto 5" coming in the mail. Is that the same thing?

The Auto 5 is (in my opinion) a beautiful classic mechanical automatic.

The Auto Relay is kinetic, it generates and stores its own electricity. The regular kinetic will store a charge for about 7-10 days without being worn. The Auto Relay will stop moving the hands after three days of inactivity, but it remembers the time. When you pick it up and shake it the hands more to the correct time. It will remember the time for THREE YEARS!

I have a titanium and a stainless. The both are very comfortable. Both have sapphire crystals. MSRP was $600. However, I paid less than $200 because they were discontinued models.

I'm amazed at the technology in these watches.

Chuck Bybee said:
The Auto Relay is kinetic, it generates and stores its own electricity. The regular kinetic will store a charge for about 7-10 days without being worn. The Auto Relay will stop moving the hands after three days of inactivity, but it remembers the time. When you pick it up and shake it the hands more to the correct time. It will remember the time for THREE YEARS!

Very cool. Maybe for X-mas. ;)

I had to reneg my offer of trade due to this part being disco'd. It is too nice not to have, for me.

Chuck, I checked with Princeton Watches, a large importer of Seikos, and they only have the Kinetic Relay in about 5 models, all dress, or dress casual watches, no divers, no sport models.

The regular Kinetic is now storing energy, and keeping current time, for up to 30 days.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Back