Want to buy my first Bowie!

If you want a solid, built like a tank, but surprisingly nimble Bowie-ish blade, check out the updated Cold Steel Drop Forged Survivalist. Designed after the Recon Scout, but it's forged of one piece of thick, well heat treated 52100 steel. It will survive Armageddon and that's not marketing hype! At about $78, it's a must have for knife aficionados. I stripped and oxpho blued mine I love it!
48b22d60-a26e-4352-8250-7dbdbe3a63e9-jpeg.1338020

See my basic review here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/big-budget-bowie-cold-steel-drop-forged-survivalist.1727880/

USMC Ka-bar full length, take a look at Svord's bowie, as others have mentioned Buck makes an "XL 119" and other models like the frontiersman. Ka Bar has something called a "big brother" not exactly clip-pointish but will definitely be suitable

I can second the Cold Steel Drop Forged line - my son has the Bowie and it’s proven to be tough, sharp, and good at holding an edge.
I’d also highly recommend checking out Kailash Blades. Don’t have one yet but it’s not gonna be long before I do...

Back