• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Warning - Summerlandoutdoor (dealer) posing as individuals: Carllewis12, Knives&More, etc

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Earlier this year, this thread was posted, warning members about dealing with "Knives&More" who'd dissembled a knife prior to sale & posted it as LNIB:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/caution-dealing-with-member-knives-more.1597296/

Going through the thread it became apparent that @Knives&More had registered multiple profiles and was using at least one other to sockpuppet & defend himself. I dug deeper and using multiple datapoints confirmed that the following accounts also belong to the same user:

@captainsb965
@Carllewis12
@James Lewis
@Knives&More
@Siety338
@Stutary12
@BMF324d
@EDCgearSB
@SummerOutdoors

@SummerOutdoors came up on our radar in 2017 for advertising without a paid Dealer membership. They were warned and appeared to heed the warning. Unfortunately it seems that rather than do the right thing, they have chosen to register multiple individual accounts with gold memberships and sell their inventory in that manner. If you notice, several of the accounts seem to predominately post in the Exchange areas.

We do not tolerate or appreciate people taking advantage of our good nature, the community, or using dishonest practices on this site. As such, I'll be suspending all of these accounts. I strongly caution anyone against doing business with someone who uses such tactics.

Wow. Just wow. o_O

Nice work Kevin!!! :cool: :thumbsup: Thank you for the follow-up on this! What a bunch of D-bags these guys are! :mad: :thumbsdown: Hope they're all banned now! Lowlifes! :poop:

Check out the Banned Members list. There are a few new members to that oh so exclusive club!

Check out the Banned Members list. There are a few new members to that oh so exclusive club!

LOL! :D Could this be the most banned members from a single thread/event? o_O :cool:

It's just crazy how much time and effort people will put into circumventing a rule.

Isn't it though? Wouldn't it have been a LOT easier to just pony up for the dealer membership and do things the right way? Then they'd still be here, heck, they could have even been a contributing member to our little community. :rolleyes: Instead, summerland outdoors chose the wrong path, and has proven to be a dishonest, scummy, cheating business. :thumbsdown: :poop:

Thanks for watching out for all of us !!! I owe you and all the Mods a cold beer ... at least.

Why I continue to love and support BF. While we are a pretty good group at self policing bad behavior, the head muckily mucks are also on the case. Thanks and great work.

Spark Spark I hope you notified Benchmade at the least of these shenanigans! I doubt they'd be too thrilled that one of their dealers was trying to circumvent their MAP agreement.

This. I remember checking the threads. He was selling below Benchmade's MAP. That's why he could not pony up for the dealer membership. He had to stay off their radar. His many Gold accounts cost about the same as a dealer account. But a dealer account would have been traceable. Very not cool.

How hard is it to sell knives at a normal retail price and make money by doing people right? I use reputable dealers that I know treat me right, and don't do exactly what this guy('s) did.

That is fine with me. Thanks. I just think that accusing me of something is wrong. I immediately removed the post as soon as you brought up the complaint. I have ZERO intent of screwing anyone over. If it was marked NBIB, NEW, or BRAND NEW I never touched the knife except to post pictures. I swear on my life and family's that I am a trustworthy, ethical person that would never deceive anyone.

Back