1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

WAS Knives Flea Market

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by allen456, Jan 25, 2015.

1. 10221911

10221911 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    WAS Badger Unused Un-Sharpened, Brand new
    154 CM Hollow Ground Blade
    Tapered and File worked Tang
    Burl handle
    Black Micarta Pins and liners, w Green stripe
    $OLD
    Badger.jpg BadgerBadger.jpg BadgerBadgerBadger.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. u_p_country

u_p_country

Dec 17, 2015
    Hope this isn't bad form, but what 's the length on the badger? I'm relatively new to Allen's knives and haven't run across this profile yet. Btw, that's a gorgeous knife!

osprey888 likes this.
  3. delkhouri

delkhouri Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Looking for an arowana:

Ideal would be 5/32 TT but would be open to any 5/32 or possibly even 1/8 (no 3/32 please)

Nbrackett, Tekton and varga49 like this.
  4. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Three W.A. Surls up for grabs. All have been lightly used and stropped. Ship with the respective sheaths shown.

Asking $SPF for each.

Surls Drifter, first one made by Allen: Osage and Copper/Rawhide wrap over black liners and white pinstripe, 1/8” A2 TT (posted as 1/8” in the original sales thread, but it looks to be a bit thicker than my other 1/8” blades), antiqued finish, 3 1/2″ blade, 7 3/4″ OAL.

Surls Unnamed Muk: Osage and Copper/Rawhide wrap over black liners and white pinstripes flat ground on 1/8" A2 TT, antiqued finish. 3” blade, 7.5” OAL.

(SOLD) Surls Hornet: Curly Maple over natural liners and white pinstripe, 1/8” A2 TT, 2 3/4″ blade, 6 1/4” OAL.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    jackal_727, Bmurray, Luca917 and 4 others like this.
  5. NUTRAMAC

NUTRAMAC Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 8, 2014
    Removed

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Nbrackett and Choppaman like this.
  6. MMatt

MMatt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2014
    One more price drop to move this one
    W. Allen Surls Cuda with Joufuu clip sheath $OLD
    (Price includes domestic USPS shipping and PP fees)*No trades please*
    This is one of Allen's earlier models with the old WAS name on the spine.
    1/8" O1 hollow ground and beautifully tapered
    Black canvas micarta over natural with white pinstripes and trinity pinout
    Unused/Uncarried/Unsharpened
    7.625" OAL
    3.375" Blade Length
    3.25" Cutting Edge
    *Last pic is with a Fiddleback Hiking Buddy for comparison*
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    varga49, Nbrackett and Choppaman like this.
  7. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    9F9F8E35-3973-4C93-B7C8-04800791A6DD.jpeg

16800C14-DB57-4CE1-979C-C265B909097C.jpeg

WA Surls Rusitc Wrapped Shank Scandi Swedged Blade with leather bolster. Big brother to the WA Surls Dart. 3/32 A2 Blade length 3 5/8 OAL 7 3/4 unused unsharpened SOLD

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Lady1911, Choppaman and Nbrackett like this.
  8. busterbones

busterbones Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Nbrackett, MTBmonkey and varga49 like this.
  9. nomotorjrr

nomotorjrr

Apr 11, 2011
    I'll take the seax please

Nbrackett, MTBmonkey and varga49 like this.
  10. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    A few W.A. Surl's FOR SALE! New/Never carried and never used. I am the first owner. If you have any interest, claim in a response with "I'll Take The (knife description) or DM for additional information that you may want. All prices are NET to me. Pay Pal Friends/Family or add 3% to listed price for Goods/Services. I will ship free priority ConUS. Will ship internationally if buyer pays for shipping and insurance. No Trades. these do not come with sheaths. Thanks for looking.

W.A. Surls-Huntsman with black canvas bolsters and tangerine burlap over black liners flat ground on 1/8” A2 SFT $280 NOW $260.00
    [​IMG]

W.A. Surls Minuteman with hybrid shrapnel/cloud magma over black liners and white pinstripes flat ground on 1/8" A2 SFT $250 NOW $230.00
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  11. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
    --

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  12. Pavel_Iv

Pavel_Iv

Apr 3, 2015
    W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives) Liberty – never used OAL 10 ½ with a 5 ½ blade. Wrapped in white canvas micarta bolsters and afzela lay wood over black liners and orange pinstripe on 5/32 cpm154 with a tapered tang. HOLLOW GROUND $290

W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives) Arowana never used w/ goncalo alves over black liners & white pinstripes, Tapered Tang flat ground on 5/32” A2; 6” blade - $230

MTBmonkey, Nbrackett and Warrior108 like this.
  13. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
  14. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
  15. VTguy17

VTguy17

Aug 4, 2011
    I really hate to do this it's one of my favorites....I need the funds though.

**Willing to trade or Osprey knife and tool blades**

W.A. Surls Inlander with natural canvas bolsters and African Blackwood over natural liners flat ground on 1/8” A2 tapered tang SOLD shipped.
    Very lightly used. Basically just taken out for a few pics in the woods and I cut up a few veggies with it, thats it. I can make you a kydex sheath if you would like.

[​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Bmurray likes this.
  16. VTguy17

VTguy17

Aug 4, 2011
    One and only price drop on post #235 above.

17. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
  18. VTguy17

VTguy17

Aug 4, 2011
    I hate myself for having to do this. Unfortunately things come up in life we don't always expect and I need the money badly.

Frontier Hunter V2 with bog oak and copper/rawhide wrap copper pins over black liners with white pinstripe flat ground on ⅛” A2 with tapered tang SOLD
    Very lightly used. I have only cut a few veggies in the kitchen with it. Never sharpened, in excellent shape.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  19. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
    I'll take it.

20. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Sweet Fiddleback Forge and WA Surls. These are some very fine examples of what Andy and Allen are producing these days. Prices are net me shipped USA. International shipping extra.

Fiddleback Forge Arete Scandi (just sharpened by Russell and is freaking wickedly sharp!!!)
    3/32 A2 SFT, natural canvas with white pinstripes and black liners. includes sheath
    $225.00

WA Surls Rustamuk
    1/8" A2 hidden tang, camel bone and cocobolo. includes JouFuu sheath
    $sold

WA Surls No-name Muk (unused)
    1/8" A2 antique finished, tapered tang, Osage with copper and wrapped bolster, white pinstripes & black liners. no sheath
    $225.00

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Nbrackett and Choppaman like this.