Water, Wind and Fire!

I would certainly love a shot at that bad boy! Not only do you have my word that it is a keeper, I would dearly love to put that knife to work. That knife is just meant to age beautifully with pocket time. I finally managed to land a TC with the BFC knife and it has gotten lots of pocket time.
image.jpeg

Congrats on The Dudes! My twin boys are 3 and a bit. They aren't as bad as I thought ~ you just end up doing everything twice. Enjoy your sleep while it lasts, though o_O:(

Thanks! My son is almost 2 now, and he's never been a good sleeper, so I'm hoping I've built up a tolerance for sleep deprivation! Man, if only I had one more TC Barlow to admire while I'm up in the middle of the night;):)

Charlie, I need a third Barlow to make a Barlow collection. Takes 3 to make a collection right? :) I think I certainly fit the requirements and for certain I'd never sell a gifted or giveaway knife. So please count me in. Thanks for your generosity and good luck to everyone else.

My only 2 Barlows both BFC Traditional's

fjQAppz.jpg

Boy, you turn your back for a few minutes and a thread will fall off the earth!
Thanks for the bump, Hickory!! GA ends Saturday after lunch!!

Charlie you introduced me to the Barlows and it’s my favorite bolster. Everyday is brightened, with a Barlow in a pocket.

I give my word of honor, to never sell the knife you’re offering in this thread. No way, no how, or never. I will also use this knife and it will have a nice “knife life.”

Thank for the opportunity to be considered for such a knife. You’re a first-class act, Charlie.

BD816DE3-8978-45F5-9DDC-C57BF776D80F.jpeg

And one’s in my current rotation.

2330CB5A-3B4A-406C-940F-EE7F02FBED20.jpeg

Thank you so much, for what you for the knife community, your generosity, and wisdom you share everyday. I’ve learned a lot from you about slippies and you sparked my love for Barlows.

Boy, you turn your back for a few minutes and a thread will fall off the earth!
Thanks for the bump, Hickory!! GA ends Saturday after lunch!!
No problem, I actually had to use search because I couldn't find it. I have no clue which page it was on, but I went back about 6.

Charlie, viewing these wonderful TC Barlows has been an enjoyable distraction, thank you for that, and thanks for the opportunity to win such a unique TC. I agree with all the terms and conditions of this GAW and present this Ebony Ancient as my entry.
kL5ZpsN.jpg

>You must be a supporter of the Traditional Forums, having posted some pictures for us to enjoy, and having shared some info and/or stories.

Check - I have posted a bunch of pictures! I'm not a great story teller, but like to share info and help others in our hobby when I can.

>You must give all of us your word that you are not seeking this knife to resell it!

Check - Promise, give you my word, this one is a keeper! No way I would ever sell it.

>You must be old enough to be within the local laws to get this knife!

Check - I just barely make the old enough cut off (plus a decade or a few)

>One post only please!! Extra credit for a picture of your TCs!!:D

Check - My one post... picture of TC's in production for something different... I didn't get a bladeforums knife this year so this would be an awesome replacement. Great gesture Charlie, thank you for the chance :)

buLI6HJm.jpg
buLI6HJl.jpg

I would love to own that piece Charlie. I would agree never to sell it, but that goes without saying for a gifted knife. I have, however given such knives away again.

I had two TC Barlow's.. I had one for each of my two boys. I ended up gifting the one below to another member who I thought might need it more.

Corral is ready for the calves. Edge is sharpened up.

lj0S27u.jpg

The irons are getting hot in the FIRE!
OSgrlC3.jpg

My older son in the blue sweat shirt, learning how to hold a calf while it gets branded. This one did not need cutting (or Banding, only the bigger ones that can't be banded get the knife).
The spey blade TC was in my pocket at that round up. First time the order boy tried his hand at hoding the calves, or at tagging them! Life long memories, and they involved Charlie's knives!
UXExTVD.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent GAW Charlie! I'd be very happy to win that Barlow.

I'll post this picture instead of my TC, extra credit notwithstanding. Too many pics of new knives already. And while I like, and carry, some (fairly) new knives, I really like the old ones. Here's a new pic of a couple I picked up today by shear luck. A nice Utica Girl Scout lightweight, and a older Imperial Cigar.

6xjNgeH.jpg

I’ve been eyeing a quality sheepfoot for some time now, but as a relative newbie to collecting and with few posts under my belt, I’ll submit this rare beauty with a little backstory in hopes that I qualify!

To those not familiar, this is a Shilin Cutter made by Kuo Ming-jang of the Kuo Ho Chi shop founded in Taipei in 1869. There are two makers of these traditional Chinese blades left in Taiwan (or likely anywhere), but Kuo’s are the only ones that are handmade. Handle is buffalo-horn, held by brass pins. Need more info on the steel (my Mandarin is substandard so next time I see Mr. Kuo I’ll bring a translator), but his averages a Rockwell of between 58 and 60.

I plan on a thread about it's history soon, if folks have any interest. These knives have a great backstory, and how I came across this one is a worthy tale, too. Good luck to all in the contest! This community is fantastic.

qqscSXn.jpg
0MTEQ1b.jpg
9Gh8ISX.jpg

I'm rooting for Paulhilborn, sorry all my other friends. I know he don't think so, but he's one up on me. I'm carrying that one Paul, man she's sharp in many ways.

Papaw is a little gushy after holding the little one.

Back