WE ARE IN THE DARK AGES!!

just got finished wathcing star wars with my grandson...what I need is a light saber... man did you see the guys stick it right thru the blast door....now THATS a knife!!!!

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

when are you gonna start making those! i would like to be able to cut through metal doors with my knives too. actually the only reason i saw star wars for was to see what they could do with those sabers.

Tom, Magnum.......
Your knives wont cut through metal doors??
rolleyes.gif

Neil

------------------
Blackwood Knives
Talonite knives in stock!!
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Meeting/5520/index.html

Tom; be careful! What would happen should you pry or twist with the point and it came off??

smile.gif
Walt

If you broke the point off of your light saber all of the light would run out of the broken end. Then the batteries would go dead trying to make more light to keep the blade full.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Dwight

It's a fine line between "a hobby" and "mental illness".

you guys ALL need to go watch the thing again, he was prying and twisting like crazy and then turned around and sent a photon beam right back at the droid and vaporized him....now thats a KNIFE>

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

I knew there was a reason why I liked blade makers...they live in a separate dimension (Carlos would be so proud!).

I'm very taken with the double bladed staff flung around with great aplomb by the guy with too many horns (he should really think about suing the tatooist that did his face but then I don't know what he started off with; it may be an improvement).

Love this Life!!

Dileas Gu Brath

I've recently begun learning how to make knives. Looking at the quality of knives put out by Dr.Lathe and Tom, I decided that I never could make knives quite like those two could. So, I decided to SPECIALIZE in Light Sabers!!! I have most of the bugs worked out, but there are still a few problems. Everytime I turn the damn things on, the solder melts and the guards fall off! Anyone know of a solder good to 10 000 degrees? And just try and etch your logo on the blade...

------------------
"Come What May..."

Just don't try and shave your arm with it
wink.gif

------------------
We got a five dollar fine for whining
We tell you before you come in
So if it ain't on your mind to have a good time
Y'all come back and see us again.- Chris LeDoux

Gee Tom, I thought CPM-420V could do anything? It won't do a simple 3' thick titanium nitride, Rc 10000, blast door? Damn, you might as well... (nope, I won't go there
smile.gif
)

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

I like the sound they make when whizzing by your nose about a hair away.If i could get mine to do that I'd be happier than bill Gates.
Hey but you guys be careful what you're on when you start making those light sabers don't want no leaks.
I gotta say it EASY ON THE MAYO
take Care
TJ

Hey Guys!

What's the problem!?!? "That company" is coming out with one and you can get it for $19.95. Works just like the one in the movies! Look for it where ever fine cutlery is sold (like that knife shop in the mall)!

Geesh!

C Wilkins

[This message has been edited by C L Wilkins (edited 04-08-2000).]

Hey guys,I'm working on a light saber and I'm having some trouble getting it to cut.
What angle is the one in the movie sharpened at and did they do a single or triple temper after heattreat?
I think I'll make the next one a neckknife and than start on a folder with serrations.
I might do a cryo treatment and see if that helps.
biggrin.gif

Rex,
On sharpening your light saber, well, the quy at the knife shop at the mall told me that it was a proprietary process but he let me in on a little secret (after bribing him with one of those giant pretzels)! He said that it is sharpened at a wavelength of 923 nanometers, + or - 5 with a photon beam, anything closer to the infrared spectrum and the light would tend to bend and be somewhat dim. He explained that if you do go outside this range, it would be no better than a darkness obsorber! Go figure, I thought it would be inversely proportional but that is what he said, and he should know, he is the assistant manager there!

I like this forum, it is always a great source of information! Everyone openly shares their knowledge.

C Wilkins

Back