We have a winner!! Lobster giveaway!

For my first giveaway I have a nice pearl lobster.

As some on Blade Forums know I like and collect pearl knives, many of them lobsters. I also know there are a few others that share that type of collecting with me. I am hoping to generate some interest in others who may not have enjoyed the quality of a well built gentlemen’s lobster knife.

I am offering a vintage sleeveboard lobster (3” closed) marked H. Boker and Co. Solingen, Germany (c1920-1930). Shadow pearl covers and brass liners. Blades look almost unused (have some spotting) and snap great both ways with no wobble. My friend John took these photos so you can see close up the quality of the pearl covers on this lobster.

Simple rules are post why you would like the lobster. The thread will run till the evening of Memorial Day holiday (5/26) at 6pm CST. I will let my 7 year old granddaughter select the winning post by random number.

NOTE: I will have to confine this to U.S. shipping addresses though. If you have a friend who will ship it along to you that would be fine.
Charles

bokerlobster1.jpg

bokerlobster2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love a lobster. I have always wanted to try the pattern, but especially one with MOP handles.

Thanks for the chance.

More and more I like fine, pearl handled pocket knives. That is why I would love to win this gem. Excellent contest Charles, U.S. shipping should I be so fortunate.

Thanks for your generosity Charles! I would love to win a lobster because I have never owned an example of the pattern but they have always intrigued me. Thanks for the chance to win such a beautiful knife!!!

German made Boker. great place to visit Germany. girlfriend lives there. she not a big knife fan like myself but she can tell when there is a fancy as heck knife that be a pleasure to own. like the size, blade options, and that pick for nails and such. MARVELOUS!

Thank you for the generous giveaway! I do already own a couple Schrade lobster patterns, but not a single knife in pearl. I'd love to win this one and keep it for my daughter until she's old enough to appreciate such a beautiful knife!

Beautiful looking knife, I would love a chance to win it. I currently don't own any traditionals but I can definitely appreciate their practical simplicity. Thank you!

Last edited:
That Gent's knife is stunning! Please count me in. I don't have a Lobster, a pearl knife, or an example of old-fashioned cutlery from the Golden Era of knives. I would love to experience what the passion for these gems is all about.

This is good timing for me, as just this year I have really come to appreciate smaller knives, and older knives. Never had or even handled a lobster, but would love to find out what makes this pattern tick. The beautiful MOP is a big plus, too. Thanks a bunch, Charles. :thumbup:

Super Giveaway, Charles!
Whoever wins it will appreciate it I am sure!!
I have a couple, so count me out; not an entry. Just a thank you!!

I would like to win because I do not have any traditional knives and would like to have one since I have been really been checking them out.

Please count me in because .....
One, I don't have a Lobster, two my wife likes pearl(s) and sand dollars, and three it is kind of apropos that your granddaughter is going to pick the winner of a giveaway started today, the day of the birth of our granddaughter, our first grandchild.

Thank you for your generosity.

Please count me in on this fine giveaway. I have a small budding collection of MOP knives, and this would be an amazing addition.

Thank you for the opportunity!

Thanks Charles, such a great offering. Please not an entry I cannot bond with this pattern, though I can appreciate fine knife when I see it. So thank you again.
Mike

I don't see the Lobster :eek: I do see one sweet mop handled knife. Not an entry and best of luck to all. Thank you Charles. :thumbup:

My brother is dragging me into traditionals. He is not finding it difficult. Would be a great start to my ever expanding fixation. Thank you for the opportunity.

Thanks for the chance. I'd love to have one simply because the only example of the pattern I have was a cheap fob knife belonging to my great-grandfather and I'd like to see how a real quality one was made (not to say that I don't like the heirloom!) I also have never had a pearl knife that did not have a major crack or flaw. Finally, I could post it in the Old Knives thread and start to wrest the monopoly on vintage beauties from you and a select few that post there ;) Thanks!

Thank you for your generosity. That's a sweet little knife.

I don't recall ever seeing a lobster knife in real life. I'd like to say I'm in because I like the pattern, but truth be told it's the pearl covers I'm lusting over.

- Christian

Please count me in on this generous contest. I have eyed lobsters for years but have never handled one in person. They are an intriguing pattern to say the least and this one looks spectacular.

Back