WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

As well respected manufacturer we can only endorse every form of education regarding legislation and proper use of knives.
Do you support knife rights. Like put money in the coffer?

We investgated becoming member in the past. Membership is limited to USA citizens.
Membership is one level. Supporting your US customers is another level (Donations). Supporting is another expense some if not most US manufacturers contribute to for the US market. Seems like nothing is a free ride anymore .

We investgated becoming member in the past. Membership is limited to USA citizens.
Has WE ever considered a US manufactured product? I believe CS has pulled this off. Put a spin on things. We have some US companies pawning off production overseas. Curious if an overseas knife company would build their product here similiar to Toyota and Honda with great success.

Has WE ever considered a US manufactured product? I believe CS has pulled this off. Put a spin on things. We have some US companies pawning off production overseas. Curious if an overseas knife company would build their product here similiar to Toyota and Honda with great success.
I cant see them going for that with how cheap it is to manufacture things overseas. Plus there wouldnt be much point. They already have tons of support without having to be american made, since the knives are so good.

I cant see them going for that with how cheap it is to manufacture things overseas. Plus there wouldnt be much point. They already have tons of support without having to be american made, since the knives are so good.
I do not see or understand any logic in this question. Should every foreign company bring their production facilities to the USA?

Why would they? It makes sense for large products that are sold in volume. And "Made in America" doesn't work. A BMW Z4/X5 is still considered a Euro and a Toyota Corolla is still an Import by most peoples perception despite coming out US factories.
It would be higher cost overall, considerable wage increase so higher running cost and initial investment isn't negligible either.

Hey guys, I was browsing BladeHQ and saw on their front page a new Chinese company selling apparently high end knives for a good chunk of change. They look nice but has anybody had any experience with this company? They seemed to have jumped out of the blue and although the knife model I see them offering looks nice, I don't want to drop $300 for something unknown without more background info.

I searched up their website also and they seem legit.

WE Knife build quality is right on par with a lot of mid-tech knives level knives I’ve seen. I have sold quite a few of their knives and have heard only excellent reports from customers.

Just putting it out there why us knives cost more than comparable overseas quality. Curious question if the playing field was even what would the prices look like built domesticaly.

Just putting it out there why us knives cost more than comparable overseas quality. Curious question if the playing field was even what would the prices look like built domesticaly.
It’d have to be more. This may not be a popular opinion on this forum, but the Reate I have is EVERY bit as nice, F&F-wise (and materials, etc) as any CRK I’ve ever owned. And Nobody likes to admit that a $50 Bestech is at least as good as an FRN American-made Spyderco, but it’s true. WE is no different. They’re killing it and their prices compared to American manufacturers of equal (often times lesser) quality is insane. Look at their $253 knives and compare it to ~$450-$500 American-made knives. Hold one, use it, look at everything under a microscope. I’m a patriot and like to support American knife manufacturers, but the Chinese are upping the ante in the knife industry, offering great knives, fit, finish and materials at an outstanding price point. And I’m happily buying them. It’s a great time to be an enthusiast with companies out there like Reate, WE, Bestech, Artisan, Steel Will, Real Steel, etc. these days, I don’t care nearly as much about country of manufacture as I do about build quality and ‘bang-for-buck.” Imagine, for example, if an American company had built the Reate Jack. What would that cost?

Last edited:

Lower value currency, better infrastructure, less arrogant pricing.

The first is a fact, the second is very likely depending on the location of thier production.

The third is just what i think. When you look at some of the prices from US based companies it doesn't really add up.

It’d have to be more. This may not be a popular opinion on this forum, but the Reate I have is EVERY bit as nice, F&F-wise (and materials, etc) as any CRK I’ve ever owned. And Nobody likes to admit that a $50 Bestech is at least as good as an FRN American-made Spyderco, but it’s true. WE is no different. They’re killing it and their prices compared to American manufacturers of equal (often times lesser) quality is insane. Look at their $253 knives and compare it to ~$450-$500 American-made knives. Hold one, use it, look at everything under a microscope. I’m a patriot and like to support American knife manufacturers, but the Chinese are upping the ante in the knife industry, offering great knives, fit, finish and materials at an outstanding price point. And I’m happily buying them. It’s a great time to be an enthusiast with companies out there like Reate, WE, Bestech, Artisan, Steel Will, Real Steel, etc. these days, I don’t care nearly as much about country of manufacture as I do about build quality and ‘bang-for-buck.” Imagine, for example, if an American company had built the Reate Jack. What would that cost?
The cost is high

Lower value currency, better infrastructure, less arrogant pricing.

The first is a fact, the second is very likely depending on the location of thier production.

The third is just what i think. When you look at some of the prices from US based companies it doesn't really add up.

Like benchmade "gold class" knives.

ZT is pretty good at keeping costs down with the same materials, but their designs usually aren't as intricate as a lot of WE knives, and their fit and finish definitely isn't as top notch as WE. Spyderco has given up on the American made high end market because they know it costs them too much vs what people are willing to pay, so outsourcing to their Taichung, Taiwan factory for their high end market is a better alternative.

I may be purchasing my first WE very soon. The 609 , 620 and 710 all have my attention. I'm curious/excited to see firsthand the level of quality and tight tolerances that I've heard so much about.

I have been impressed with every WE I have. They are definitely worthwhile checking out if you see one you like.

I'm not really a flipper fan so I was happy to see a few WE models that are non-flippers. Now to decide which to get first.

Back