We need your help....to name this knife (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
We just realized we didn't have a name for some of the D2 blades yet. We can't sell them until we have a name, so we need your help to name this one ;)

The Contest and the official rules.

We need a name for the knife pictured below. Multiple word names are ok (1-3 words), you can enter as many times as you like but no more than 10 names per post. The winner will receive one of these knives and you get to brag to your friends about naming a cool knife

Let the names begin.

To be eligible all knife names must be in this thread OR in the one on Bladeforums(no need to post the same names on both threads).

All rulings by the Judges will be final.

attachment.php

And here are the Specs
Steel D2
Rc 60-61
Blade Thickness 1/8"
OAL approx 9 5/8"
Blade Length approx 4 1/2"
Handle Resiprene C in our new "mudder" pattern

Please remember that this is a Hunter/Utility knife with an OAL of less than 10". No need to name it "combat bowie" or "big stick" ;)

We are trying to get this named quickly so appropriate names only and don't tarry on submitting your best names ;):D:D

(I don't think I've ever used tarry in a sentence before ;) )

Let the games begin.

:D:D

First thing that I think of on camping/hunting trips, or one of them, is often lack of showers.

SO my first submission will be:

Muskrat.

:) Am checking your site to make sure I don't take a naame already used, but no one elses, so if any I come up with are already used by other makers(which of course I will avoid if I know that's true, but don't know anywhear near all knives) then i apologize.

And second try, nodding to fact taht this one has no blade coating or a light blade coatin, compared to the ones pictured on your site would be:

Naked Mole Rat

And no, i didn't get enoug sleep, and yes, i'm stickig with rodent names unless something really good pops in my head. :)

Well since you are displaying you new "mudder" handle textures I was thinking maybe you could call it the:
"Mudrat".

Rat Tail

Rat Trapper

Snub Rat

Them's some sucky names -- but I got a cold today. :grumpy: :D

Field Rat. That's all I got folks -- back to my nap.

• UtiliRat
  • Brat - get it? ;)
  • LumberRat
  • RATtlesnake
  • Waldratte (the German translation of "forest rat")
  • GeoRat
  • My Rat :D
  • Ratinator
  • TarryRat :p
  • Battle Mouse :)

Thanks for the contest! :)

O.K., off the top of my head:

Rat's Tooth
Rat's Fang
Whispering Rat
Son-of-a-Rat

Thanks for the opportunity to win one of these ... uh, rats. :)

Since I think of it as a hunter's knife I'd pick a hunting animal name. Since it has gray and black coloring I would pick an animal with similar colors. So something like "timber wolf", "grey wolf", or "wolverine" seem appealing. When I'm preparing my game I don't want something with a "rat" name knawing at it. Maybe a "bobcat" or "lynx" would be a reasonable feline equivalent.

Black Rat
Deuce Rat - for D2
Deuce Hunter
Rat2D2 - Licensing issues?
Pack Rat - Oops, taken
RUK - Rat Utility Knife
Rat Packer

How about a non-ratty name?

• Acid
  • Saturn
  • The Ultimate Answer
  • Excalibur
  • Nuclear Summer
  • Patriot
  • Exometropolitan
  • Tornado Survivor
  • Duke of Ohio
  • Let's Roll

Non ratty? ok

Wow, I stumbled on this kinda on accident, but that is almost EXACTLY the type of knife I was putting around various online stores looking for. 4.5 to 5in blade, thin, and it looks like it has a tight grip.

A name? How bout the Swamp Rat: Formosus or just "The Formosus". It's Latin for "beautuiful, well shaped, finely formed" which seem to describe what I am looking at. Nice knife, Eric.

Figure it will draw more respect to itself than something called "rat" will (and my stating that I realize I essentially mock the company's namesake which I am not trying to do :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back