We rectifier vs ferrum forge falcon

Detents are not the same on all knives. My rectifier can be easily opened with the thumb hole, flipper and the "spydie flick".
And the Saga continues. Lol. At least not all hope is lost. If I can spydie flick thumb flick and flipper flick along with smooth shut then that’s all I need.

So is there QC issues when it comes to detent with WE? I thought they were on their game.
It's not a QC issue. I have experienced the same thing with ZT, Spyderco, Kizer, Reate etc. I think it's difficult for manufactures to tune each knife to have the same detent.

It's not a QC issue. I have experienced the same thing with ZT, Spyderco, Kizer, Reate etc. I think it's difficult for manufactures to tune each knife to have the same detent.
If I were to get a stiff detent could it be adjusted ? Or is it set and done?

It can be adjusted if you know what you're doing. If you have the chance to handle one in person I'd recommend it.
I have adjusted a lot of different things with knives don’t think I’ve ever done a detent. That what the maintainence and tinkering section is for lol. Handling one in person would be ideal. However over in Pittsburgh Pa there are few knife stores and even less WE dealers.

I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to help me with this. I am still undecided but now have a wealth of information to go through.

Back