Weekend Projects (Fun or Otherwise)

Only took a couple hours but had to wait for the weekend to knock it out. Been wanting a takedown 10/22 for a while and finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) and added a Primary Arms 1X6 variable scope. Can’t wait to put some rounds downrange!
View attachment 2499425View attachment 2499426View attachment 2499427View attachment 2499428
One of the most enjoyable guns I own: you can plink around all day and not have to feel bad about how much money you spent. It’s also super accurate for it’s price.

Love my takedown 10/22
o1YuY49.jpeg

So a few screw holes on one of my cabinet doors were stripped out and I decided to fix yesterday......

I cleaned the holes and filled them with glue....I then was distracted with beer....

Look at the cabinet door this morning, and wonder "why the hell did I lay the hinge on the door after I over filled the holes with glue?!?!?!?!"

So my project for today is.... I have this cabinet door with stripped out screw holes and a hinge some idiot glued to it in the complete wrong spot..... and I'm fixing that

Lol

Last edited:
Not fun, but had to cobble my mailbox back together after the latest snowstorm. The post/shelf is all vinyl, and when we first moved in (22 years ago) it was at the corner of the driveway, but kept getting wiped out by the plows. So I moved it near the telephone pole so it would be shielded, and that worked for like 15+ years. But in the previous storm the rear part of the shelf that goes thru the post and locks it in, broke off (probably brittle from years of sun exposure), leaving just enough for it to still barely work. But in this last storm it broke more and was done. Piece of 2x4 and some other wood scraps and back in business. This should hopefully work till spring when I can get a whole new thing.

View attachment 2500318
View attachment 2500319

Not fun, but had to cobble my mailbox back together after the latest snowstorm. The post/shelf is all vinyl, and when we first moved in (22 years ago) it was at the corner of the driveway, but kept getting wiped out by the plows. So I moved it near the telephone pole so it would be shielded, and that worked for like 15+ years. But in the previous storm the rear part of the shelf that goes thru the post and locks it in, broke off (probably brittle from years of sun exposure), leaving just enough for it to still barely work. But in this last storm it broke more and was done. Piece of 2x4 and some other wood scraps and back in business. This should hopefully work till spring when I can get a whole new thing.

View attachment 2500318
View attachment 2500319

My dad had a mailbox when I was a kid growing up that was constantly breaking and being scabbed back together

He was (and is) an engineer

It kind of became a running joke, this mailbox and how janky and patched together it was.

This went on for decades.

Yours is getting close. Don't stop now.

IMG_1432.jpeg
I knocked to find the stud. Then used a stud finder. Used a level. I can’t quite comprehend why I cannot locate it.
I used the outlet below to draw level lines and still cannot find it.
I decided it was time to take a break lest I just put a line of holes in the wall.
😞😞😞

So a few screw holes on one of my cabinet doors were stripped out and I decided to fix yesterday......

I cleaned the holes and filled them with glue....I then was distracted with beer....

Look at the cabinet door this morning, and wonder "why the hell did I lay the hinge on the door after I over filled the holes with glue?!?!?!?!"

So my project for today is.... I have this cabinet door with stripped out screw holes and a hinge some idiot glued to it in the complete wrong spot..... and I'm fixing that

Lol
Fill it with toothpicks with a little glue. Good tip for stripped out holes in wood.

View attachment 2500670
I knocked to find the stud. Then used a stud finder. Used a level. I can’t quite comprehend why I cannot locate it.
I used the outlet below to draw level lines and still cannot find it.
I decided it was time to take a break lest I just put a line of holes in the wall.
😞😞😞
A while ago I was going through the exterior wall and in the interior wall (both cedar) with a cell booster antenna. I ran my stud finder with electrical searcher over the area and got the all clear. Then proceeded to drill through the wiring to the light fixtures. I didn’t have the lights on when I ran the electrical search so it didn’t pick it up. Lesson learned.

Back