1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Well...It's Friday...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by mistwalker, May 17, 2013.

1. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Phillip- Is The Koa you guy use stabilized?

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    yes

but, i made a correction, it's curly maple

3. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Wow...Kyle that Weka is stunning.

kmellino and Choppaman like this.
  4. 66fastcarss

66fastcarss Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I am new to the forum looking at FF first purchase. Can anyone tell what the knives are in the 3082 image. Mainly the middle and lower ones. Thanks

5. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Welcome! Good choices, those are the Monarch, Wasp, and Sneaky Pete.

Here's a link for the thread which has more details and where you can try to snag one of them when it unlocks at 3PM EST.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-friday-7-28-2017-preview.1509486/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  6. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    welcome & good luck

2017 0728 09 – Wasp w/ navy burlap over natural liners & white pinstripes, TT, convex on spalted 5/32” A2 - $355

2017 0728 10 – Sneaky Pete w/ box elder burl over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT, convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $325

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-friday-7-28-2017-preview.1509486/

7. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    jinx 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

8. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Hah!

So is it an Asp or a Wasp? What's the difference?! I thought the Wasp blade a straighter lines.

9. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Also, no one has mentioned the Hunter, but I think that one is a beauty as well! I got to hold @thurin's Hunter, and I was impressed. :thumbsup:

10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

edit.....
    it's tough to tell from the patterns, but they look totally different once completed

11. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009

Clear as day when side by side for sure! I think I've only ever seen the Wasps that were swedged with a straight 'edge'. Don't see that pattern very often either way. Cool! Thanks.

And the Sneaky is 'deeper' and a bit longer, correct?

12. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    I've got a hunter in bloodwood. It's a good fit for me. Stunning and nice balance. (second from top). The hunter in this sale thread is a beauty for sure!
    [​IMG]

13. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Some fine looking knives today

VANCE and Odaon like this.
  14. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Nice bloodwood collection man! I was surprised by the Hunter, it isn't as big as it looks in pictures. Feels great in hand.

Choppaman likes this.
  15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    The Sneaky is "taller" from top to bottom. It has wider scales & blade. Smidgen longer too

Odaon likes this.
  16. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    The Woodsman is beautiful!

Odaon likes this.
  17. 66fastcarss

66fastcarss Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2015
    thanks for the info everyone.

18. TimberlineSpyder

TimberlineSpyder Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2017
    Happy Friday & good sharking to all, great looking batch today!

19. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Congrats, great first knife! Let us know what you think about it once you get it in hand!

20. allen456

allen456 Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 13, 2012
    Morning everyone. I will be posting the preview around 1:30 and unlocking at the usual 3:00. See you there!

Choppaman likes this.