Well...It's Friday...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by mistwalker, May 17, 2013.

1. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Morning

2. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Morning all. Sorry for you West coasters suffering from the heat, but it was AWESOME to walk outside this morning to walk the dog and be met with a cool 57 degrees here in Kansas City.

Might actually enjoy mowing the lawn this afternoon...

schmittie likes this.
  3. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    haven't heard anyone talk about this pin detail.. anyone have the lowdown on these?

[​IMG]

4. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Looks like an alignment nightmare to me... I made a knife last weekend and I came to appreciate how difficult it was to align and drill the pins. I'm definitely missing something as I broke two pins tying to "tap" them through the gooey mess of epoxy. Turned out OK for me and a definite improvement over other ones I've kluged together, but with every attempt, I come to further appreciate how well the guys at the Forge pull it off week in and week out.

Choppaman likes this.
  5. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    "S" for "Pertinux"?

(Both my first and last name begin with 'S'.)

:D

Wurrwulf likes this.
  6. spiritedwolflove

spiritedwolflove Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Happy Friday y'all,
    am I the only one that comes here (FF) to salivate but ends up falling in love with a blade everytime :p

7. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Just when you think they couldn't make a better esquire for you......

8. Silas

Silas Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Happy Fiddleback Friday everyone!

9. TimberlineSpyder

TimberlineSpyder Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2017
    Mornin', happy sharking today:)

Choppaman likes this.
  10. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Pretty sweet batch! I'm liking the shrapnel Lil Lady!

11. schmittie

schmittie Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 28, 2009

She is a cool little knife.

Has anyone handled that kind of scales before? Are they slick??

12. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Should be identical to pinecone/sweetgum/alumilite. A little gummy. Not particularly slick.

13. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Other than the halfsie-handles (long bolster) and black liners (though maybe the pins will be silver/mosaic?), it's perfect. o_O

~ P.
    is for Picky

But meanwhile, I've been carrying this Esquire often lately, bemused at how it's one of my all-time favorites even though it isn't, well, you know....

[​IMG]

14. 66fastcarss

66fastcarss

Dec 17, 2015
    Got my Sneaky Pete from the 7/28 FF on the following Friday. This is my first Fiddleback purchase and first FF attempt...sadly for my wallet it probably won't be my last. Wow was I amazed at the quality and beauty of the knife. I am now looking for a sheath and trying to decide what my next fiddleback purchase will be. Probably something smaller like an esquire or ED Karda for more subtle EDC. Thanks for the rapid help and replies so I could joint in the fun and looking forward to future sharking purchases!

Odaon and Nbrackett like this.
  15. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Yes, sadly for your wallet, it won't be your last! That Fiddleback bites hard! LOL. Enjoy and welcome!

16. TrainedBullets

TrainedBullets

Apr 23, 2017

That particular Sneaky Pete is a serious beauty! I love that handle. Congratulations!

17. 66fastcarss

66fastcarss

Dec 17, 2015
    Thanks. The craftmanship is excellent. Feels great in the hand and looks amazing in person. I'm sure I will enjoy it as the start of the collection...

18. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    glad you like it & especially like the last comment!:D:thumbsup:

19. Silas

Silas Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Good morning everybody.

20. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Good morning.